These Zucchini Corn Fritters are vegan veggie fritters which are healthy, delicious, gluten-free and very easy to make! They’re crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and a great and quick meal or snack for kids and adults alike! The perfect recipe for eating more veggies!
Healthy Zucchini Corn Fritters Recipe
I really love veggies! And I try to eat as many as I can every day. Not only because vegetables are healthy, but also because they’re delicious. Especially when you have a good recipe on hand, helping you serve them in a tastier way. And the great thing about it is that you don’t have to put in much effort. Actually, this recipe is very easy to make and I‘m sure everyone will love it! Even those who probably don’t eat that many veggies, haha!
Easy vegan Veggie Fritters
All you need are just a few simple ingredients to make these zucchini corn fritters. It’s basically just potatoes, zucchini, corn, and a little chickpea flour (or another flour if you prefer). Anyways, I personally like adding more veggies, so I’ve added broccoli as well, but you can add any additional veggies you like. I’ve also added scallions, garlic and nutritional yeast flakes for some tasty flavors. In the end, it’s totally up to you if you want to add any onions, and also which spices you use.
I often seem to cook extra food, so I usually end up with leftovers for the following days. But that’s great because I can use them for other recipes, like these zucchini corn fritters. So if you’re like me and maybe have any cooked potatoes leftover, it’s a perfect way to use them up. Otherwise, make sure to cook some ahead of time.
How to make Zucchini Corn Fritters
Start by preparing your veggies. Grate the zucchini, chop the broccoli and scallions, and mince the garlic. I recommend squeezing the zucchini and draining the corn well, or you‘ll probably need more flour to absorb the excess liquid.
Secondly, peel and mash the cooked potatoes. Add the prepared veggies, a little flour, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast flakes. Mix all the ingredients to combine, then form into fritters in whatever size you like. Optionally, you can also coat your veggie fritters with some breadcrumbs before frying until golden-brown and crispy.
The best vegan Dips
These Zucchini Corn Fritters are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and so delicious on their own. However, they’re even more delicious when you serve them with a simple dip on the side. This time I just made a Herb Dip but I also like my creamy Guacamole, Avocado Aioli, vegan Mayonnaise or Cashew Dip. Also, a spicy Ajvar Dip, Hummus or Barbecue sauce are also perfect additions.
I hope you’ll love these Zucchini Corn Fritters. They’re:
- Quick & Easy to make
- Crispy on the outside
- Creamy on the inside
- A great way to eat more veggies
- Perfect for summer or anytime
- So delicious!
Add your favorite vegetables
As I mentioned before, you can really get creative with the ingredients and seasonings in this easy veggie fritters recipe! Pretty much any vegetable you like will do. So these veggie loaded fritters are the perfect meal after a farmers market haul or to use up leftovers.
Perfect for meal-prep
To me, these zucchini corn fritters taste best when eaten right away, straight from the pan while they’re still hot. However, they’ll still taste delicious the next day. You can simply reheat them in the oven for about 10 mins or enjoy them cold. So they not only make a delicious light and healthy lunch or dinner to serve immediately, but they’re also perfect for meal-prep. And oh, by the way, they make a super yummy burger patty too!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my potato cakes or potato fritters with mushrooms. Or maybe you might want to try one of my falafel recipes? In any case, if you try one of my recipes, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me @biancazapatka #biancazapatka on Instagram if you take a picture of your dish to make sure I won’t miss your post. Happy cooking!
Zucchini Corn Fritters - Vegan RecipeAuthor:
- Cook potatoes in skin until tender. Also, add the broccoli and cook for just 2-3 minutes (it should not be cooked through). Then drain. Rinse the broccoli and finely chop the florets. Let the potatoes evaporate and peel them. (You can also use potatoes or other vegetables from the day before).
- Mash the potatoes with a fork In a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze grated zucchini, and add to the potatoes. Also add chopped broccoli, corn, scallions, garlic, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together until well combined. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flour to absorb any excess liquid.
- Form 8-10 fritters of the veggie mixture (or to your desired size). Optionally, coat each one with breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the zucchini corn fritters for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
- Leftovers can be reheated in the oven. Simply bake for about 10 minutes at 355˚F until warm and crispy.
- Please read the text for additional Information about this recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.