This easy vegan yellow lentil dal is a creamy Indian soup recipe that’s healthy, delicious, and comes together in one pot! It makes the perfect vegan comfort food dish that is flavorful and sure to satisfy!
My favorite Vegan Lentil Dal Recipe
… It’s still winter here in Germany. So due to these cold temperatures that seem to make everyone freezing, I thought it might be a good idea to share a recipe for this delicious vegan yellow lentil dal which will definitely warm you up.
I mean, is there anything better than enjoying a warming meal while wearing cozy clothes and fleecy socks cuddled up under a blanket on the couch?! I think there is almost nothing better than that!
Quick and Easy Yellow Lentil Dal
This Indian yellow lentil dal (or dahl, daal) is super quick and easy to make, using simple wholesome ingredients, and will be ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Furthermore, you can easily make it ahead and store leftovers in the fridge. Then simply reheat for a quick lunch or dinner or even take it to work, or university the next day. However, you can also freeze this Indian lentil dish. So you have always a delicious soup on hand to thaw whenever you need a warming satisfying meal.
Healthy, protein-rich, so delicious!
I really love legumes like lentils because they’re very rich in micronutrients like magnesium and iron as well as in macronutrients like carbohydrates and protein, so this dal nourishes your body perfectly!
Why you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
- Vegan, Plant-based
- Rich in nutrients
- Quick and easy to make
- One of the best one-pot recipes!
But now let’s start with the recipe for this healthy, delicious, and nourishing yellow lentil dal!
If you try this easy Vegan Yellow Lentil Dal, please leave me a comment below sharing how you liked this recipe! And if you take a picture of your Indian lentil soup and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka, so I won’t miss your post! Enjoy!
Yellow Lentil Dal (Indian Lentil Soup - Vegan)Author:
- 150 g yellow lentils
- 300 ml vegetable broth
For the Dal:
- fresh parsley
- cashew nuts
- more chili
- Peel the onion, garlic, and ginger and chop them finely.
- Heat the vegan butter (or oil) in a saucepan. Add chopped onions, garlic, and ginger along with the other spices and seasonings. Sautée everything for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth and lentils, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- As soon as the lentils absorbed most of the liquid, stir in the coconut milk.
- Season with lemon juice, black pepper, salt, and a bit of sugar to taste.
- Allow to steam for a few minutes more, until the lentils are soft.
- Add some more water or coconut milk, as necessary.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, toasted cashew nuts, and chili as desired.
- Serve with fresh homemade naan bread or with rice or just as it is.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.