This easy vegan no-bake strawberry cheesecake is made with a light, fruity and delicious strawberry yogurt cream layer on a simple crunchy cookie crust!
Easy Vegan No-Bake strawberry cheesecake
Yay! The strawberry season has finally just started here in Germany! As soon as our strawberry stands opened, I was one of the first who grabbed a big box with the most beautiful strawberries to bake a delicious cake! So red, fresh and juicy – I think nobody can resist these, right?
Simple No-bake strawberry cheesecake
Anyway, I wanted to prepare a refreshing dessert for a sunny afternoon. That’s why these delicious strawberries were coming just right to me. I was in the mood for a creamy fruity cake, but I didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen kneading dough. Then I had the glorious idea to make easy no-bake strawberry cheesecake. This vegan strawberry cheesecake is prepared in only a few minutes and then it goes into the fridge. It’s so perfect for summer days!
Creamy vegan strawberry cheesecake
Luckily, I had all the ingredients for this strawberry cheesecake at home. For the crunchy cookie crust, I simply used whole grain cookies. Actually, it doesn‘t matter which type of cookies you use, but of course, they should taste good. I made the creamy layer from strawberries, soy quark (dripped soy yogurt) and coconut cream.
Homemade soy quark and coconut cream is easy to make
You can easily make soy quark yourself when you drain soy yogurt in a strainer lined with a kitchen towel for about 12 hours. To make coconut cream, simply place a can of coconut milk untouched in the fridge overnight. The next day open it and skim off the solid part. Then whip it in a cooled mixing bowl for about 10 minutes until fluffy and airy. Now you can add sweetener or other ingredients as desired and whip again for a short time. Optionally, you can also use soy cream or another non-dairy whipping cream to make this vegan no-bake strawberry cheesecake.
If you like no-bake cakes like this vegan strawberry cheesecake, you may also like my “vegan cheesecake with chocolate crust and blueberries” and my “raspberry vanilla cheesecake“.
If you try this vegan strawberry cheesecake recipe, I would appreciate a comment. You are also welcome to post a picture on Instagram and link it to @biancazapatka to make sure I can see your amazing remakes!
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake (no bake)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 5.3 oz (150 g) vegan oatmeal cookies
- 3.5 oz (100 g) vegan butter or coconut oil
- 8.8 oz (250 g) strawberries fresh or thawed
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) coconut cream or soy cream
- 14 oz (400 g) drained soy yogurt (soy quark) or sub silken tofu (blended until creamy)
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar type of choice
- zest of about ⅓ organic lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp ground vanilla
- ⅓ cup (100 ml) plant milk or water
- 1 heaped tsp 100% pure agar powder
Further ingredients / Topping:
- strawberry sauce optional
- heart streusel optional
*Note: I recommend watching the recipe video!
- Put the cookies into a freezer bag and finely crush them using a rolling pin (or use a food processor or blender).
- Melt the vegan butter (or coconut oil) in a saucepan. Then mix with the cookie crumbs to combine.
- Line the bottom of a 8-inch springform (20 cm Ø) with parchment paper. Add in the cookie mixture and press to form an even crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or freeze for 10 minutes).
- Blend the strawberries, lemon zest and vanilla in a blender and set aside.
- Beat the coconut cream (or soy cream) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the drained soy yogurt (soy quark), sugar and strawberry puree until combined. Set aside.
- In a pot, stir the agar into the plant-based milk (or water). Bring to a boil and cook according to package instructions, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly while stirring occasionally, then quickly mix it into the strawberry yogurt mixture. Fold in the whipped cream and add the filling onto your chilled cookie crust. Smooth it out and place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours (or better overnight) to set.
- Once the cheesecake filling is firm, run a knife around the sides of your pan and remove the cake. Garnish with strawberries and enjoy with strawberry sauce on top or just as it is!
- You can use any cookies of your choice. I used homemade oatmeal cookies.
- Soy quark can be easily made by draining soy yogurt for about 12 hours in a strainer lined with a cheese cloth. However, you can also use thick dairy-free yogurt such as greek or skyr style or sub creamy blended silken tofu.
- If you use sweetened soy quark/yogurt and milk, you can add less extra sweetness.
- To make coconut cream, simply place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight without shaking. The next day, open the can and remove the solid part from the top.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply