This easy vegan no-bake strawberry cheesecake is made with a light, fruity and delicious strawberry yogurt cream layer on a simple crunchy cookie crust!
Easy Vegan No-Bake strawberry cheesecake
Yay! The strawberry season has finally just started here in Germany! As soon as our strawberry stands opened, I was one of the first who grabbed a big box with the most beautiful strawberries to bake a delicious cake! So red, fresh and juicy – I think nobody can resist these, right?
Simple No-bake strawberry cheesecake
Anyway, I wanted to prepare a refreshing dessert for a sunny afternoon. That’s why these delicious strawberries were coming just right to me. I was in the mood for a creamy fruity cake, but I didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen kneading dough. Then I had the glorious idea to make easy no-bake strawberry cheesecake. This vegan strawberry cheesecake is prepared in only a few minutes and then it goes into the fridge. It’s so perfect for summer days!
Creamy vegan strawberry cheesecake
Luckily, I had all the ingredients for this strawberry cheesecake at home. For the crunchy cookie crust, I simply used whole grain cookies. Actually, it doesn‘t matter which type of cookies you use, but of course, they should taste good. I made the creamy layer from strawberries, soy quark (dripped soy yogurt) and coconut cream.
Homemade soy quark and coconut cream is easy to make
You can easily make soy quark yourself when you drain soy yogurt in a strainer lined with a kitchen towel for about 12 hours. To make coconut cream, simply place a can of coconut milk untouched in the fridge overnight. The next day open it and skim off the solid part. Then whip it in a cooled mixing bowl for about 10 minutes until fluffy and airy. Now you can add sweetener or other ingredients as desired and whip again for a short time. Optionally, you can also use soy cream or another non-dairy whipping cream to make this vegan no-bake strawberry cheesecake.
If you like no-bake cakes like this vegan strawberry cheesecake, you may also like my “vegan cheesecake with chocolate crust and blueberries” and my “raspberry vanilla cheesecake“.
If you try this vegan strawberry cheesecake recipe, I would appreciate a comment. You are also welcome to post a picture on Instagram and link it to @biancazapatka to make sure I can see your amazing remakes!
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake (no bake)
- 150 g vegan cookies*
- 100 g vegan butter or coconut oil
- 250 g strawberries
- 150 g cold coconut cream * or soy cream
- 400 g drained soy yogurt (soy quark) * or sub silken tofu (blended until creamy)
- about 50 g coconut sugar or other sweetener *
- grated zest of about 1/3 organic lemon
- ½ tsp bourbon vanilla
- 100 ml plant-based milk unsweetened
- 1 heaped tsp 100% pure agar powder
Further ingredients / Topping:
- strawberry sauce optional
- oil for the mold
- Put the cookies into a freezer bag and finely crush them using a rolling pin.
- Melt the vegan butter (or coconut oil) in a saucepan. Then mix with the cookie crumbs to combine.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 8-inch springform (20 cm Ø) with oil. Add in the cookie mixture and press to form an even base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Blend the strawberries, lemon zest and vanilla and set aside.
- Whip the cold coconut cream (or soy cream) until stiff peaks form. Then, carefully, fold in the drained soy yogurt (soy quark). Place in the fridge to set.
- In a pot, stir the agar into the plant-based milk. Bring to a boil and cook according to package instructions, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cool slightly while stirring occasionally and stir in the pureed strawberries + coconut sugar (or another sweetener) to taste.
- Carefully, fold the strawberry mixture in the coconut cream yogurt mixture. Spread onto the cookie base and smooth it out. Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours (or better overnight) to firm up.
- Once the cheesecake layer is firm, remove the cake from the springform with a knife carefully. Garnish with strawberries and enjoy with strawberry sauce on top or just as it is.
- You can use any cookies of your choice. I used whole wheat cookies.
- Soy quark can be easily made by draining soy yogurt for about 12 hours in the fridge. I usually use a strainer and linen cloth for this. However, you can also use creamy blended silken tofu.
- If you use sweetened soy quark/yogurt and milk, then you need less extra sweetness. Best is to taste before.
- Instead of coconut sugar, you can also use regular sugar.
- To make coconut cream, simply place coconut milk in the fridge overnight without shaking. The next day, open the can and remove the solid part from the top.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.