If you love Raffaelo, these easy vegan coconut balls will quickly become your favorite no-bake dessert recipe! With only 6 ingredients and 2 simple steps, you can make the best homemade vegan Raffaelo truffles that are gluten-free, paleo-friendly, healthy and so delicious!
Easy no-bake Coconut Balls
I have always loved coconut candy treats like Raffaelo balls and bounty bars so I’m happy to share this homemade vegan recipe that is as delicious as the original! You can easily make these coconut bliss balls with only a few natural ingredients ahead. Then store them in the fridge, freezer or at room temperature so you can enjoy a coconutty treat anytime. They make a perfect grab and go snack to enjoy yourself or to share with your family and friends. However, these cute coconut balls make a great homemade gift idea, too! I’m sure even your non-vegan friends will love these healthier coconut bites!
The original Ferrero Raffaello praline consists of a spherical waffle that is filled with white milk cream and one blanched almond. It is covered with a layer of coconut and does not contain white chocolate, as many may think. My coconut balls don’t have a waffle shell, but they have positive health benefits!
Not only are they free of refined sugar, rancid oils, artificial flavors, additives, and preservatives, but also full of good fats and nutrients. So if you’re a fan of coconut, you’re really going to enjoy these treats!
Can I use other nuts?
Traditional Raffaello balls call for a rich coconut-almond mousse. However, if you’re not a big fan of almonds, you could substitute the almond butter for cashew butter or any nut butter of your choice. Also, the whole almonds can be replaced for other nuts like macadamias, peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews or just small pieces of fresh coconut. So if you’d like to turn these vegan Raffaelo into peanut butter balls, for example, feel free to use peanut butter and whole peanuts!
Of course, you could also make your own nut butter if you prefer. I have included my favorite recipe for creamy homemade nut butter in my cookbook. (Click here to check it out).
How to make Vegan Raffaello Coconut Balls
Just 6-ingredients and no baking – these vegan coconut balls couldn’t be any easier to make!
Step 1: Making the Coconut mixture
Start by placing the coconut oil, coconut butter and almond butter (or cashew butter) in a heatproof bowl. Allow to melt over a water bath (or the microwave) and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Then stir in the maple syrup (or any other syrup of your choice) and the shredded coconut. Place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes (or freeze for 10 minutes) to solidify.
Step 2: Rolling the Vegan Raffaelo Balls
When the mixture has hardened, scoop out small bite-sized portions with a teaspoon. Roll each into a praline ball with your hands and press a blanched almond into the center. Lastly, roll the vegan Raffaelo balls in the shredded coconut until totally covered and no longer sticky on the outside. Repeat until all the mixture has gone then place in the fridge to set completely.
This vegan Raffaello coconut balls recipe is:
- Vegan (dairy-free, lactose-free)
- Easy to make
- Perfectly sweet
- Rich & Creamy
- Raw (by using raw maple or agave syrup)
- The perfect homemade vegan dessert or snack to make ahead
If you love easy vegan coconut desserts and homemade candy recipes like these Raffaelo, be sure to check out the following treats:
- Coconut Rice Pudding Cake
- Blueberry Coconut Cake
- Apricot Cake with Coconut
- Peanut Caramel Chocolate Bars
- Vegan Nut Bars (Cookie Crunch Corners)
If you do try this easy Vegan Raffaelo Coconut Balls Recipe, I would love to read your feedback in the comments below. And if you take a picture of your delicious no-bake coconut bliss balls and share it on Instagram, please don’t forget to tag me @biancazapatka #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post. Enjoy!
Vegan Raffaelo (Easy Coconut Balls)
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil 35g
- ¼ cup coconut butter 65g
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp white almond butter or cashew butter (20g)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup 25g
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut 20g
- 20 blanched almonds or other nuts (*see blog post for tips)
* See step-by-step photos above!
- Place the coconut oil, coconut butter and almond butter (or cashew butter) in a heatproof bowl. Allow to melt over a water bath (or in the microwave) and stir to combine until smooth.
- Stir in the maple syrup and the shredded coconut to combine, then place the mixture to the fridge for 30 minutes (or freeze for 10 minutes) to solidify.
- When the mixture has hardened, scoop out 20 bite-sized portions with a teaspoon. Roll each into a ball with your hands and press a blanched almond into the center. Lastly, roll the vegan Raffaelo in the shredded coconut until totally covered and no longer sticky on the outside. Repeat until all the mixture has gone, then place in the fridge to set completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store as written in the recipe notes below.
- Maple syrup: you can substitute any other syrup of your choice.
- Almonds: you can substitute the almond butter for cashew butter or another nut butter of your choice. You can also substitute the whole almonds with other nuts (see blog post for suggestions).
- Storage: Store the vegan Raffaelo in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.