This Vegan Pumpkin Cake swirled with creamy Cheesecake is super moist, fudgy, perfectly spiced and so delicious. The recipe is very easy and can be made sugar-free and gluten-free.
I absolutely love everything pumpkin flavored, both sweet and savory! After sharing my Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese and my Vegan Pumpkin Risotto recipe on my blog, I wanted to bring a sweet pumpkin recipe now. Honestly, I couldn’t decide between making a pumpkin bread, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin pie or even a pumpkin cheesecake, so I came up with the idea to create a combination. Since I love creamy cheesecakes, I thought that a moist Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Cheesecake Swirl would be amazing!
Vegan Pumpkin Cake reminds of a fudgy, spiced Carrot Cake
This recipe was inspired by my favorite vegan Carrot Cake. It has been quite popular with all you healthy cake lovers. I decided to make a few changes, so I swapped to pumpkin purée instead of carrots and also included a creamy vegan cheesecake marbling. It’s deliciously spiced in the same way that a regular pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie usually is, with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and vanilla. It’s sweetened with brown sugar but you can sub brown erythritol to make this cake sugar-free.
A Simple recipe! So easy to make!
This Vegan Pumpkin Cake recipe is very easy. You need only two bowls and a few simple ingredients. In one bowl, mix the ingredients for the cheesecake and in the other bowl mix the ingredients for the pumpkin cake. Layer the pumpkin batter and the cheesecake batter by a heaped spoonful into the springform pan. It does not have to look very pretty because it should look like a swirled marble cake.
Using homemade Pumpkin Purée or canned!
Feel free to use canned pumpkin purée for this recipe. Personally I love making it from scratch as it’s more flavorful, much cheaper and you can prepare enough to store or freeze a batch for other recipes and dishes. To make Pumpkin Purée, simply cut a pumpkin in half (or small cubes) and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Then brush a baking sheet or baking dish with a little oil, spread the pumpkin pieces on it and bake at 355°F (180°C), until the flesh is soft. The baking time depends on the size of the pumpkin pieces (usually about 25-50 minutes).
I hope you guys will love this delicious Vegan Pumpkin Cake, it is:
- Topped with vegan cream cheese frosting
- Can be made sugar-free and gluten-free
- A perfect simple dessert recipe that is
- SO DELICIOUS!
The perfect easy fall dessert and so versatile!
This cake is a great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie. I used a small 7-inch round baking tin but you could also bake this yummy cake in a bigger tin or brownie form or muffin forms. Please keep in mind that the baking time will be reduced then. You can simply test with a tooth pick if the cake is done. I also recommend you to bake it for family and friends and not just for yourself because everyone will get hungry when smelling all these delicious fall flavors in your house. ? Have fun trying and happy baking!
Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Cheesecake Swirl
- 1 cup (gluten-free*) flour (125 g)
- 3-4 tbsp ground almonds or hazelnuts (or sub more flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (240 g) canned or homemade*
- 1 flax egg* (see instructions)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter* (120 g) melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (115 g) (or brown erythritol)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- a pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4,5 oz dairy-free cream cheese (125 g) softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 g) (or powdered erythritol)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the flax egg by stirring 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds in 3 tbsp of hot water. Allow to sit for a minute or so to become jelly.
- Add all ingredients for the cheesecake in a mixing bowl and blend until creamy using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the pumpkin purée, flax egg, melted butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice to another mixing bowl and mix very well.
- Combine the flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda and sift into the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle over ground almonds and the spices and mix until just combined using a whisk.
Layer the cake (see video in the text above):
- Spread half of the pumpkin cake batter into a greased 7-inch round baking tin. Dollop half of the cheesecake mixture over the pumpkin batter. Top with remaining pumpkin batter, and dollop with remaining cheesecake mixture. Carefully, smooth out a bit.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Afterwards, turn off the oven and let the cake in the oven for 10-20 minutes longer. Then, let cool completely.
- Blend all ingredients for the frosting using an electric hand mixer.
- Spread frosting over cooled pumpkin cake. Place in the fridge to firm up for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Decorate with chopped hazelnuts and pecans or other toppings you like.
- Enjoy! ?
- Instead of all purpose flour or spelt flour, you could make this cake gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend 1:1
- You can use canned pumpkin purée or make your own according this recipe. If your purée is a bit too wet then put it in a strainer so any excess water can run off.
- To make this cake sugar-free you can use brown erythritol and powdered erythritol instead of regular sugar.
- I used this vegan butter but margarine could work as well.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge where it will stay fresh and tasty for up to 4 days or freeze.
|Did you make this dish via my recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #biancazapatka and tag me via @biancazapatka to make sure I’ll see it. I’m looking forward to see all your lovely creations! 🙂|
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! ?
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.