This is the vegan version of Mom’s popular quick and easy Low-Carb Pizza Soup Recipe – It’s a simple one-pot 15-minute party food recipe that is healthy, gluten-free, high in protein and incredibly delicious!
Easy Pizza Soup – One-Pot Party Food
This vegan recipe has everything you love about pizza but in a thick and creamy soup form! Made of vegan beef and cheese, veggies, and herbs, this hearty soup is brimming with warm, savory flavors and creamy goodness in every steaming bowlful! It is the perfect soup to warm you up on a cold winter day and is also ideal for birthdays, potlucks, and other special occasions!
Why we love this soup!
Maybe the right question is – what is NOT to love? I mean, who does not love pizza in any form, right? T
This recipe is easy to prepare, super satisfying, and truly comforting! Plus, the soup is also healthier than classic pizza because it contains a lot more vegetables, nutrients and fiber. While bell peppers and tomatoes are rich in lycopene, potassium and vitamin C, among others, the vegan ground beef provides plenty of protein!
Furthermore, you can easily customize the recipe according to your preferences and dietary needs. So, if you don’t like one ingredient, just replace it with another!
Making a scrumptious One-Pot Pizza Soup does not require any special ingredient, just your usual backyard veggies, and pantry staples. You will find the detailed ingredient list on the recipe card below.
- Olive oil: you can use other vegetable oils too.
- Vegan ground beef: you will usually find this at the refrigerated section of major supermarkets. Alternatively, you can use soy granules or sunflower mince (prepared as instructed in my Vegan Lasagna Soup recipe) or crumbled tofu (prepared as instructed in my Vegan Bolognese recipe).
- Vegetables: I used onion, garlic cloves, bell peppers, corn, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Feel free to add other veggies usually used for pizza toppings like olives, spinach, and artichokes.
- Vegetable broth: use a low-sodium, good quality brand for best results.
- Soy or Oat cooking cream: this will make your soup rich and creamy! You can sub with coconut milk if you prefer.
- Ajvar: this savory roasted red pepper dip will add tons of savory flavor to your soup! In case you can’t find one, paprika or tomato paste are good alternatives.
- Vegan herb cream cheese: Of course, a pizza soup is not complete without a dollop of cheesy goodness! If you can’t find herb-infused vegan cream cheese at a store, you can also make my homemade cashew ricotta and add some herbs or your favorite spices.
- Italian herbs: are a blend of basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
How to make Vegan Pizza Soup
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Sauté vegan ground beef and veggies
Start by cooking the vegan ground beef according to package directions in a skillet or non-stick pan. Then set aside and sauté the onions, garlic and bell peppers for a few minutes.
Step 2: Add remaining Ingredients and simmer
Next, add the mushrooms, corn and vegan ground beef. Pour in with vegetable broth, soy or oat cooking cream as well as strained and chopped tomatoes. Stir in ajvar, vegan herb cream cheese and Italian herbs. Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes. That’s it!
Tip: If you like, you can add some cherry tomatoes after 5 minutes.
Serving Tips for Pizza Soup
- For those whose favorite part of pizza is the crust, do not fret! You can always enjoy this soup with a slice of baguette or other bread. You can also top your soup with croûtons.
- If you can’t get enough cheese, sprinkle your soup with vegan parmesan before serving.
- Garnish it with fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, or green onions for some zest and freshness.
- As you would make a slice of pizza spicier, you can also add some chili flakes or chili sauce to add some kick to your pizza soup.
- If you don’t want it creamy, you can skip the cooking cream and add more broth instead and tomatoes instead.
- I like my soup chunky, but if you prefer a smoother soup, you can blitz it using a food processor or stab mixer until you get to the right consistency.
- You can also turn this pizza soup recipe into a delicious pasta sauce by using less vegetable broth.
Tips when Making Vegan Pizza Soup
- Make sure that your cooking cream and vegan cream cheese are at room temperature to make it easier to stir into the broth.
- If you want to use fresh mushrooms, you can first cook them separately in a pan with a bit of oil until golden brown, then add to the soup.
- When cooking the soup, stir regularly with a wooden spoon and scrape the bottom of the pot so the sauce will not stick. This will prevent an unappealing burnt aftertaste.
- Cut your veggies into small bite sizes. It is a lot easier for everyone to eat vegetables cut into smaller pieces, especially the kids. You will also enjoy it more if you are able to fit several kinds of vegetables in your spoon.
How to Store and Keep Pizza Soup
Any leftover should be stored within 2 hours after it is cooked to prevent any kind of contamination. Once cooled, place the pizza soup in a lidded container or simply cover the bowl with plastic wrap. It can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
I actually love it more reheated the following day when the flavors have really melded. Simply place the bowl in a microwave or transfer it to a pot and reheat on the stovetop on medium-low.
If you make a batch as part of your meal prep plan, divide the party soup into individual containers. This will help you reheat the right amount of soup the following days without reheating the whole batch.
This Vegan One-Pot Pizza Party Soup is:
- Low in carbs
- Quick and easy to make
- Super satisfying!
- Perfect for meal prep
More vegan soup recipes
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Thai Carrot Ginger Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup
- Mushroom and Rice Soup
If you try this easy vegan one-pot pizza soup recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you share a photo of your delicious party soup on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Happy cooking! 🙂
Pizza Soup | Party Soup (Vegan)Author:
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other oil for frying
- 14 oz (400 g) vegan ground beef from the refrigerated section, or sub an alternative *see note.
- 1 large onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 bell peppers red, orange, yellow or mixed
- 1 can (280 g) corn 1 ½ cups drained
- 1 can (200 g) mushrooms 7 oz drained, optional
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) vegetable broth
- 7 oz soy or oat cooking cream or sub coconut milk
- 14 oz (400 g) strained tomatoes
- 14 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 tbsp ajvar or paprika or tomato paste
- ¾ cup (150 g) vegan herb cream cheese or homemade cashew ricotta *see note
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs blend of basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes optional
To serve (optional)
- vegan grated cheese
- vegan parmesan
- fresh parsley and thyme or other herbs
- Baguette or other bread
*Note: Feel free to check out the recipe video + step-by-step pictures at the top of the post!
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non-stick pan and cook the vegan ground beef according to package directions. Then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pot and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Now add the bell peppers and continue sautéing for 2 minutes, until the edges turn slightly brown.
- Then add the mushrooms, corn and vegan ground beef. Pour in with vegetable broth, soy or oat cream as well as strained and chopped tomatoes. Stir in ajvar, vegan herb cream cheese and Italian herbs. Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes. If you like, you can add some cherry tomatoes after 5 minutes. Then taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve the vegan pizza soup in bowls and garnish with vegan grated cheese, vegan parmesan, fresh parsley and thyme. Serve with some bread and enjoy!
- Vegan ground beef: Alternatively, you can use soy granules or sunflower mince (prepared as instructed in my vegan lasagna soup recipe) or crumbled tofu (prepared as instructed in my vegan bolognese recipe).
- Mushrooms: If you want to use fresh mushrooms, you can first cook them separately in a pan with a little oil until golden brown, then add to the soup.
- Cream cheese: If you can’t find herb-infused vegan cream cheese at a store, you can also make my homemade cashew ricotta and add some herbs or your favorite spices.
- Pasta sauce: You can also turn this pizza soup recipe into a delicious pasta sauce by using less vegetable broth.
- More information about the recipe, including tips for storing and freezing, are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply