A quick recipe for Vegan Mushroom Pasta with Spinach. This pasta dish is delicious, healthy and easy to make. It’s ready in only 15 minutes and makes a perfect simple dinner or lunch.
When I need a fast and easy meal, there are usually noodles, risotto, polenta or gnocchi with me. Preferably served with healthy vegetables, such as roasted mushrooms and spinach. I can‘t count, how many times I’ve shared this dish on Instagram already, because I really cook and enjoy this vegan mushroom pasta so often. And because it’s always very popular with you, I’ve decided to share this easy pasta recipe on my blog.
Easy vegan mushroom pasta with spinach
I don‘t have to say much about this recipe. It’s really so easy that anyone can cook it. You can make it with all sorts of pasta you love. I like tagliatelle, linguine, farfalle, spaghetti, tortellini, penne and rigatoni best – so pretty all types of existing noodles. However, let’s be honest, the best pasta is Homemade Pasta, right?
Make this mushroom pasta recipe with ravioli or gnocchi
This recipe not only tastes delicious with regular pasta, but also with ravioli or gnocchi. Whenever I make ravioli or gnocchi, I usually prepare a bigger amount and then freeze it in batches. I think it’s really handy if you always have some homemade food in stock.
Mushrooms and spinach are healthy and delicious!
There are now plenty of recipes with mushrooms and spinach on my blog. I think you might have already noticed, how much I love these healthy vegetables. Mushrooms are known to not everyone’s taste, but I think it depends on the preparation. If you cook mushrooms properly and season them flavorful, they taste amazing. If you are not convinced, then you should definitely try this recipe. After all, I’ve already got a lot of feedback, that I was able to convince some people of the opposite and they now love mushrooms and spinach too.
The toppings are also very important for the taste because they add a great flavor to your dish, especially when you use toasted nuts or seeds. That’s why I would never omit them. I like toasted pine nuts best, but I also use cashew nuts, pecans, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. Also, I like to sprinkle some Homemade Vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
This vegan mushroom pasta with spinach is:
- Easy to make
Use your favorite ingredients
This dish is absolutely perfect if you want a healthy, quick dinner or lunch. If you don’t have mushrooms or spinach on hand, you could also add other vegetables, such as zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, peppers, carrots, etc., depending on what you like or have at home. Anyways, I think variety is always good. Have fun trying!
Vegan Mushroom Pasta with Spinach (easy recipe)Author:
- 14 oz (gluten-free) pasta of choice (400 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 14 oz mushrooms (400 g) sliced
- 10,5 oz baby spinach (300 g) fresh
- approx. 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or plant-based cream*)
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lime juice (optional)
- parsley chopped (optional)
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 5 tbsp pine nuts
- vegan parmesan (optional)
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small pan without additional oil. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet/ pan. Add the mushrooms along with the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer. Then deglaze with soy sauce and a bit of vegetable broth (or plant-based cream). Reduce the heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the spinach and cook for further 2-3 minutes until it has wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Optionally, add a splash of fresh lime juice, if you like.
- Once the noodles are "al dente", pour off the cooking water. Put drained pasta to the mushrooms in the pan and toss to combine. Add yeast flakes or vegan parmesan as desired and season with spices to taste again.
- Serve the mushroom pasta with toasted pine nuts.
- Bon appetit!
- Instead of vegetable broth you can add plant-based cream or coconut milk, if you want to make a creamy mushroom pasta.
- You can also make your own pasta with this recipe for Homemade Pasta.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.