Ingredients for (4 servings):
- 400gr noodles (uncooked)
- 250gr potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic gloves
- ca. 175 ml water (of your boiled veggies)
- 80gr cashews (or 4 tbsp cashew butter)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- a knife tip cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (as option)
- a bit soy cream or coconut milk (to refine)
- fresh parsley
- bread crumbs
- Soak Cashews for 4-6 hours or overnight, then drain.
- Cook pasta ‘al dente’ according to package instructions; then drain and set aside.
- Chop potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft enough to blend.
- When the veggies are soft enough to blend, remove them with a slotted spoon from cooking water and blend them with 175ml of that cooking water along with the remaining ingredients in a blender about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over your cooked noodles, heat up everything once again and refine with soy cream or coconut milk if you like.
- Serve your mac and cheese with bread crumbs and fresh parsley in a pasta dish.
- As option you can place the noodles in a baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.