This creamy green herb dip recipe is quick and easy to make with fresh parsley, garlic and vegan yogurt. Serve this healthy and delicious veggie dip with your favorite snacks and side dishes or use it as a low-calorie and low-fat burger sauce or nutritious bread spread!
The Best Homemade Vegan Herb Dip
Most dips you can buy at the supermarket or grocery store are usually not vegan or very expensive or contain undesirable additives. That’s why I prefer to make my own homemade version using fresh ingredients! This recipe is super quick and easy to make without much effort and you know exactly what’s in it!
A freshly made herb dip is not only more delicious than the store-bought stuff, but you can also avoid packaging waste by making it yourself. It doesn’t get any better than that, does it?
The herb dip with parsley is prepared similarly to hummus, guacamole or vegan tzatziki and can be served in many ways. It’s delicious with raw veggies or oven-roasted vegetables and hasselback potatoes. However, you can also use it as a spread for homemade bread or bread rolls. Aside from that, it makes also a perfect dip for many side dishes and snacks like vegan broccoli cheese nuggets, crispy baked cauliflower or spinach potato cakes.
Feel free to turn this recipe into a delicious creamy dressing or refreshing herb sauce by adding some olive oil, canola oil or avocado oil or even omega-3 rich chia, hemp or flax oil. I’m sure this green goddess dipping sauce will make my beloved chickpea salad or Greek orzo salad taste even better! Not forget to mention that this nutrient-rich herb dressing will make a tasty sauce for a colorful Buddha Bowl with quinoa too!
Ingredients for this herb garlic dip
- Soy quark: or another thick and creamy yogurt like dairy-free Greek yogurt. You can also use vegan mayonnaise or silken tofu.
- Garlic: fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder.
- Parsley: or other herbs such as chives, wild garlic, dill or cress. If you’re a fan of Mediterranean cuisine, you can also use typical Italian herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme or rosemary.
- Lemon juice: or lime juice.
- Maple syrup: or another sweetener of your choice like agave syrup.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
How to make the best vegan herb dipping sauce
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with the exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Blend all ingredients until creamy
Add the soy quark, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
Tip: If the dip is too thick, add a little water or dairy-free milk to thin it out.
Step 2: Serve
Fill your green parsley dip in a bowl and serve with bread, crackers, veggies, falafel, nuggets, quinoa patties or anything you like!
How to store homemade veggie dip?
You can store the parley dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. It’s best to store it in a sealed jar or container with a lid or something similar. It may become more solid when chilled. However, you can give it a quick stir before serving and add in some unsweetened plant milk if needed. If you want the dip to be richer or if you want to use it as a creamy dressing or herb sauce, you can also stir in some dairy-free cooking cream or oil.
This creamy green herb dip:
- Vegan (plant-based)
- Dairy-free (lactose-free)
- No mayo
- Quick and easy to make
- The perfect dipping sauce!
More easy vegan recipes for dips and sauces:
- The Best Peanut Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Aioli (Garlic Dip)
- Baba Ghanoush
- Vegan Tzatziki
- Vegan Raita Dip
If you try this easy vegan herb dip recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your dip and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your remakes! Enjoy! 🙂
Creamy Vegan Herb Garlic Dip SauceAuthor:
- 1 cup (250 g) soy quark or dairy-free Greek yogurt or silken tofu or vegan mayo
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- ½ bunch (25 g) fresh parsley or other herbs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
*Note: Check out the recipe video + step-by-step instructions above!
- Add the soy quark, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Fill the herb dip into a bowl and serve with bread, crackers, burgers, vegetables, falafel, quinoa patties or anything you like!
- Instead of soy quark, you can also use another thick and creamy dairy-free yogurt.
- Feel free to replace the parsley with other herbs such as wild garlic, basil, dill, oregano, etc. Depending on your taste and preferences, you can also use less herbs.
- If the dip is too thick, add a little water or unsweetened plant milk. If you want the dip to be richer or if you want to use it as a creamy dressing or sauce, you can stir in some oil like olive, canola or avocado oil.
- More helpful tips and information on the recipe, including storing notes, are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply