In this quick and easy recipe I show you how to make a delicious creamy Vegan Garlic Sauce in 1 minute without using a blender or food processor! The dairy-free garlic cream is perfect as a sauce, dip and spread for garlic mushrooms, pasta, salads, burgers, bread, sandwiches and many finger food snacks!
The easiest creamy vegan garlic sauce recipe
Just like aioli, this vegan garlic dip is a quick and easy recipe that’s just perfect if you want to whip up a delicious dip in no time with just a few ingredients. Plus, you can customize it to your liking and make it either creamier or saucier. You can use different spices as well as any fresh or frozen herbs to create a garlic sauce just the way you like it.
Perfect as a dip, sauce and spread!
The creamy garlic sauce is not only totally delicious with sautéed mushrooms, but also goes great with potatoes, fries, pasta, baked vegetables or simply on bread. It also makes a great addition to an appetizer platter with a variety of finger food snacks, raw vegetables, pita bread and other dips. You can also use the garlic sauce as salad dressing or pizza sauce or as a topping for soups.
Ingredients for vegan garlic dip
To make this recipe, you only need 4 ingredients plus some salt and pepper. Here are the ingredients with possible variations:
- Vegan crème fraîche: or vegan sour cream or homemade cashew cream cheese. You can also use a mixture of vegan mayonnaise and dairy-free yogurt or silken tofu for a lighter option.
- Garlic cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can opt for garlic powder.
- Chives: or other frozen or fresh herbs like parsley, dill, basil, oregano.
- Salt & pepper: or other spices such as curry powder, paprika powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning or chili powder. You could also add nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan, a squeeze of lemon juice, Ajvar or tomato paste
How to make vegan garlic sauce
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
To make vegan garlic sauce from scratch, all you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and season with a little salt and pepper. If you want the sauce thinner, you could thin it with a dash of plant milk, until it reaches your desired creamy texture.
How can I store leftover sauce?
Homemade vegan garlic sauce will keep in a sealed container or preserving or screw-top jar for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. The longer it sits through, the more flavorful it will be.
This vegan garlic sauce recipe is:
- Dairy-free (lactose-free)
- Quick and easy to make
- Requires only a few ingredients
- As delicious as the original
- Perfect as a sauce, dip or spread!
How to serve garlic sauce?
In general, garlic dipping sauce goes well with almost any savory dish. So pretty much anywhere you normally use mayonnaise, you can use garlic sauce. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve with garlic mushrooms, oven-roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, or other veggies.
- Serve as a dip for finger food snacks like falafel, sweet potato fries, spiral potatoes, patatas bravas, vegan nuggets, cauliflower wings, vegan burrito samosas or quesadillas.
- Use as a spread for gyros, tortillas, bread, sandwiches, pizza or burger.
- Use instead of mayo in creamy salads like pasta salad, potato salad, vegan egg salad or chickpea tuna salad.
- Serve a dollop on top of casseroles, soups or currys!
If you try this easy vegan garlic sauce recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your garlic dip and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your results! Enjoy! 🙂
Creamy Vegan Garlic Sauce in 1 MinuteAuthor:
- 7 oz vegan crème fraîche dairy-free sour cream or homemade cashew cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped (or other fresh or frozen herbs like parsley, dill, basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
*Note: Check out the recipe video and step-by-step photos above!
- Stir together all ingredients for the garlic sauce in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you want it thinner, you could stir in some plant milk or water).
- Serve immediately or leave it in the fridge for a few hours to allow flavors to develop.
- The sauce will keep in a sealed container or preserving or screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. The longer it sits, the more flavorful it will be.
- More information as well as suggestions for recipe variations and lots of tasty serving suggestions are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.