These vegan crêpes roll-ups filled with chocolate cream are the best treat when you crave a sweet breakfast or dessert. They‘re easy and quick to make and you can also fill them with peanut butter or any other spreads and fillings you like.
The Best Vegan Crêpes Recipe
If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I am a big fan of crêpes, pancakes and waffles. I have made these vegan crêpe roll ups so often and in different variations, so it’s definitely time to share this easy recipe on my blog. These vegan crêpes are fluffy and delicious and the best is the melted chocolate cream in between. Of course, you can fill them with anything you like. Whether with a sweet spread or even in a savory version, for example with hummus. Just be creative!
You only need 3 simple ingredients
To make fluffy vegan crêpes, you just need flour, plant-based milk / water and sweetener or a pinch of vanilla or cinnamon.
I usually use regular all-purpose or white flour or light spelt flour but you can also sub a gluten-free flour blend. Anyways, I would not recommend to use nut flours such as coconut flour because it absorbs more liquid, so that your crêpes will probably get clumpy and dry.
Sometimes I also add 1 flaxseed-egg (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds soaked in 3 tablespoons of water). Optionally, you can also add 1/2 mashed banana or 1,5 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water instead. The recipe also works without any egg substitute but it helps the batter stick together and it also causes a softer and fluffier consistency.
Sugar-free and oil-free vegan crêpes with sweet chocolate cream filling
You may notice that I do not add any oil or sugar in the crêpes batter. That’s because I wanted that these vegan crêpes roll ups have a nice balance of flavours. The sweet chocolate cream filling and berries were delicious against unsweetened dough. Feel free to add sugar or syrup if you like it more sweet or if your desired filling is not sweet enough.
Crêpes roll ups are super easy to make
First mix all ingredients for the batter together. Cook your crêpes in a non-stick pan with a tiny bit of oil on a medium heat until golden. Then fold cooked crêpes, spread chocolate cream on top and roll them up. Serve with fresh berries and more chocolate sauce or any other toppings you like. That’s it!
If you prefer to make chocolate crêpes with peanut butter filling, you can check out my recipe for vegan chocolate crêpes.
More vegan sweet breakfast recipes
- Chocolate Crêpes
- Apple Pie Roll-Ups
- Pancake Cereal
- Baked Oats
- Semolina Pudding
- Blueberry Scones
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Granola Bars
- Chocolate Granola
- Chocolate Brioche Buns
- Banana Bread
If you try this recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your yummy pancakes and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Happy baking! 🙂
Vegan Crêpes - Pancake Roll-Ups with Chocolate CreamAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 1 cup (125 g) all purpose wheat or spelt flour or sub gluten-free flour, *see notes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) dairy-free milk
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sparkling water or more milk
- 1 egg replacer optional, *see notes
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- sugar or agave syrup optional, *see notes
- coconut oil for frying
- 2-3 tbsp vegan chocolate cream
- fresh berries
*Note: Check out the recipe video in the post above!
- Mix flour, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl. Add the dairy-free milk, water (and egg replacer) and stir until smooth. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. (The batter should run easily off a spoon, add a little more water or milk, if it’s too thick.)
- Heat a flat non-stick pan or crêpe-maker to medium heat. Brush with a tiny bit of oil to make sure that the crêpes do not stick.
- Pour ½ - 1 laddle full of batter into the pan and smooth it out well to form a big round pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear and the pancake no longer sticks to the pan. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute or so until golden.
- Fold cooked crêpes. Then spread chocolate cream on top and roll them up.
- Once ready to serve, drizzle more chocolate cream over your crêpes and enjoy with fresh berries or other fruits and desired toppings.
- I usually use regular all purpose white flour or light spelt flour but you can sub a gluten-free flour blend.
- This recipe works without egg substitutes, however, feel free to add 1 flax egg or 1 chia egg or 1/2 mashed banana (approx. 60 g) or 1,5 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water.
- You do not need to add any oil or sugar in the batter because the chocolate cream filling is usually sweet enough and also contains oil. But feel free to sweeten it.
- You can use a store-bought vegan chocolate cream or try this vegan Nutella recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply