This best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is soft, moist, tender, and very easy to make in one bowl! It tastes almost like a chocolate cake, and the recipe can easily be made gluten-free too!
Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
I‘m so excited to share this recipe with you guys, because, I’m not lying when I say this is the BEST Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread I’ve ever made! I‘m very happy that one of the most beloved recipes here on my blog is my classic vegan banana bread. It’s awesome that so many of you have loved changing it up by adding chocolate into it. I really love this idea, but I think when you make it with chocolate, there need to be some changes from my classic recipe. Changes that make it softer and moister! So I came up with the idea to create the perfect recipe. One which is soft, rich and very chocolatey! Finally, here it is!
The perfect breakfast and dessert!
Have I mentioned how much I love banana bread and chocolate? Well, in case I haven’t, let me just say that I really do! One great thing about Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is that it’s healthier than chocolate cake, even though it almost tastes like vegan chocolate cake. So it’s the perfect sweet treat for any time of the day! I really love making it in advance and keeping it in the fridge for the following days so that I always have a quick and yummy snack on hand. But to be honest, it never lasts that long in my kitchen, because it’s too delicious not to eat all of it! Starting by enjoying it for breakfast, then later as an afternoon dessert with ice cream on top and maybe also before going to bed as a late night snack with extra peanut butter, haha!
How to make Vegan Banana Bread
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s very easy to make! All you need is one bowl, a spoon, a fork, and a few simple ingredients! You don’t even need a food processor, mixer or blender! Actually, the batter is mixed together in less than 5 minutes, depending on how long you need to peel the bananas maybe, haha – okay, just joking! But I‘m not joking when I say that it really is very quick and easy to make!
As I mentioned before, we need only a few ingredients! Just flour, cocoa, baking powder, ripe bananas, sugar (or another sweetener), oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and dairy-free chocolate chips for the topping. Anyways, the chocolate chips are not necessary for this recipe but if you’re like me, you can never have enough chocolate!
This Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is:
- Easy & quick to make
- made with only a few ingredients
- Tastes like a healthier chocolate cake
- The perfect breakfast, dessert or snack
Can I make gluten-free Banana Bread?
If you want to make a gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread, you can substitute a gluten-free flour blend 1:1. If you can’t find it in a store or online shop, you can also use gluten-free oat flour or make your own oat flour. Simply put gluten-free oats into a food processor or grinder and process into oat flour. Just keep in mind that when using oat flour, your vegan banana bread will not be as soft as when you use a lighter flour. Honestly, I haven’t tried using other flours yet, but feel free to try it. I recommend adjusting the liquid and adding more non-dairy milk if needed because different types of flour absorb less or more liquid.
If you try this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan chocolatey Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it turned out for you! And if you take a picture of your recreation and share it on Instagram, please do not forget to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka , so I won’t miss your post! Happy baking!
Vegan Chocolate Banana BreadAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour or spelt flour (160g) or sub gluten-free flour*
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (50g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp non-dairy milk (100ml)
- 1/3 cup oil (75g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (115g) or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Chocolate Chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Grease and line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on both sides.
- Place the flour, cornstarch, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add to a measuring jar along with the non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir well to combine.
- Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill the batter into the prepared pan. Optionally, sprinkle over chocolate chips. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (If you want moist banana bread, make sure not to overbake it.)
- Let cool completely in the pan. Then using the parchment paper to remove it.
- Slice and enjoy!
- To make this banana bread gluten-free, I recommend using a gluten-free flour blend 1:1.
- If using another flour, such as oat flour or whole grain flour, keep in mind that your banana bread won’t get as fluffy and soft as when using a lighter flour. Also, please make sure to adjust the liquid by adding more non-dairy milk, if needed, because different flours absorb different amounts of liquid.
- You can use any sweeteners you like, such as maple syrup, agave syrup, coconut sugar or other.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.