Hi guys! ?
This vegan cheesecake with chocolate base, a refreshing vanilla cream and blueberries is a real feast for the sweet palate! I think this combination is truely one of the best and belongs definitely to my favorites! Because of that, I don’t want you to miss the recipe.
I only used vegan ingredients here. So this dairy-free cake is without eggs, without butter and without milk … It’s so practically that we live in an age where you can find all possible plantbased alternatives to replace conventional dairy products. Do you agree? So you can easily make a vegan version out of different cake recipes. And I think there’s no big different in taste compared to the ‘not vegan‘ variations.
Of course you can also use normal dairy products for this recipe, if you aren’t vegan. Instead of the plantbased agartine, you can also use gelantine. But I prefer the vegan option ?.
… so here we go with the recipe:
Vegan cheesecake with chocolate base and blueberries
- ½ mashed banana
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 35 g vegan butter or coconut oil
- 75 g spelt flour
- 25 g baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 ml plantbased milk
- 50 g vegan white chocolate
- 225 g almond ‘cream cheese‘
- 150 g vegan yogurt
- 1 vanilla bean mark
- lemon juice
- icing sugar
- 1½ tsp agartine
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees circulation heat.
- For the chocolate base stir mashed banana with milk and sugar.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate and vegan butter over a water bath and stir into the banana milk mixture afterwards.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder with a pinch of salt separately. Then combine wet and dry ingredients in exchange and stir well.
- Place the dough in a greased 18cm diameter round baking form and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove the cake and let cool for a while. Then turn it out of the form on a gitter.
- For the cheesecake cream melt white chocolate over a water bath.
- Stir in cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla mark and a bit of lemon juice. Add icing powder to taste and agartine according to package instructions.
- Put the cake back in the form (or frame with a cake ring). Spread the cream on top and smooth out.
- Store the cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or better overnight).
- Remove the form/ cake ring before serving and garnish with fresh blueberries.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.