These vegan chocolate Bliss Balls are delicious fruit balls made with dates, hazelnuts and cashews with a creamy nut nougat filling – The recipe is super easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and perfect as a quick energy snack or healthier sweet dessert!
The Best Homemade Bliss Balls in the World
Looking for a healthier, homemade and vegan alternative to regular candy treats? Then this recipe is just for you! These delicious chocolate Bliss Balls may remind of Ferrero Rocher thanks to the creamy nut nougat filling, and you can easily make them at home!
I am very happy that these Bliss Balls are so popular with you! And since so many have already requested the recipe, I share it now here on the blog! 🙂
Create your own Vegan Bliss Balls version
The recipe for these Bliss Balls is really easy and super versatile, because you can use any nuts, try other dried fruits and vary or even omit the filling. If you like, you can decorate the fruit balls nicely by rolling them in desiccated coconut or cocoa powder. There are no limits to your creativity with this recipe – so feel free to try out a new combination!
3 Ingredients Bliss Balls
To make these Bliss Balls, you only need three basic ingredients: Nuts, dates, and cocoa powder – plus a pinch of salt! The filling and toppings are optional.
- Nuts: I use hazelnuts and cashews, but you can use any other nuts you like such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, macadamias or peanuts.
- Dates: It’s important that the dates are soft. If you don’t have soft dates, you can use regular dried dates and soak them in hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain and pat dry.
- Cocoa powder: Normal raw cocoa or baking cocoa.
- Salt: Just a pinch to balance the sweetness.
Filling & Topping (optional)
- Vegan nut nougat cream: store-bought or homemade Vegan Nutella. Feel free to use any other sweet spread you like, or peanut butter. To make it easier to fill and seal the balls, it’s best to chill the cream or spread beforehand.
- Cocoa powder: or superfood powder such as açaí, maqui, matcha, strawberry or raspberry powder.
- Desiccated coconut
How to make Vegan Bliss Balls – Here’s how easy the recipe is!
As always, I recommend checking out this step-by-step instruction and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Make Bliss Balls
First, place the nuts in a food processor or blender and grind coarsely grind. Next, add dates, cocoa powder, and salt and blend until a sticky mixture forms. Then form the mixture into 20 small balls of about 15 g each.
Step 2: Fill and decorate
Either leave the Bliss Balls as they are or fill and decorate them. Use a small spoon to make a hollow in the center and add in some nut nougat cream. Seal the balls as shown in the step-by-step photos or in the recipe video. Then roll them in cocoa powder or desiccated coconut as desired.
How can I store Bliss Balls?
It is best to store the Bliss Balls in a sealed container in the refrigerator. There they can be kept for 1 week. You can also put them in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and freeze for 3 months. When needed, just take them out and let them thaw.
The perfect homemade gift idea
If you’re still looking for a homemade gift idea, these chocolate Bliss Balls are absolutely perfect! Just like pralines and truffles, you can wrap these fruit balls up nicely and surprise your beloved ones for birthday, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Christmas, or just because you love them, though there’s no special occasion!
This recipe for Vegan Bliss Balls with Nut Nougat Filling is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Refined sugar-free
- Made with dates, nuts and cocoa
- Soft & juicy
- With a creamy filling
- Super delicious!
- Healthier and better than store-bought candy!
More Vegan Candy Snacks Recipes
- Bounty Bars
- Magnum Popsicles
- Kinder Milchschnitten
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Almond Horns
- Granola Bars
- Apple Turnovers
- Chocolate Mousse
If you try these easy vegan Bliss Balls with or without nut nougat filling, please leave me a comment and a star rating on how you liked the recipe! And if you take a photo of your chocolate nut truffles and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Have fun trying them out! 🙂
Chocolate Bliss Balls with Nut NougatAuthor:
- ½ cup (60 g) hazelnuts or other nuts to taste
- ½ cup (60 g) cashews or other nuts as desired
- 5.6 oz (160 g) soft dates pitted, see notes*
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp vegan nut nougat cream store-bought or homemade vegan Nutella*
- cocoa powder
- desiccated coconut
*Note: Feel free to check out the recipe video + step-by-step pictures above!
- Place the nuts in a food processor or blender and grind coarsely. Then add dates, cocoa powder and salt and blend to form a sticky mixture.
- Shape the mixture into 20 small balls, each weighing about 0.5 oz (15 g).
- Enjoy the Bliss Balls as they are or fill and decorate them. To do this use a small spoon to press a hollow in the center. Add in some nut nougat cream and seal the balls as shown in the step-by-step photos above or in the recipe video. Then roll them in cocoa powder or desiccated coconut.
- Dates: If you don't have soft dates, you can use regular dried dates and soak them in hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain and pat dry.
- Nut nougat cream: it is best to chill it beforehand to make it easier to fill and seal the balls. You can also use homemade Vegan Nutella or other creamy spreads or peanut butter as a filling.
- Storage: the Bliss Balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or frozen for 3 months.
- More information as well as tips and recommendations for recipe variations are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.