Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf:
Turkish Bulgur Salad with Cashew FalafelAuthor:
- 250 g Bulgur
- 1 red pepper
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- small tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp pepper paste
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- garlic salt & pepper
- red pepper powder
- chili as option
- a bit sugar
- vegan Feta cheese
- almond flakes
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
- cashew butter as option
- oil for frying to brush
- Cover bulgur according package instructions with hot salted water and let it swell.
- Meanwhile, slice your vegetables and chop parsley.
- Roast pepper, carrots and onion in a pan with some oil.
- Add pepper paste, tomato paste and bulgur and let cool down.
- As soon as the bulgur has cooled down a bit, stir in oil, parsley and tomatoes and add vinegar + seasonings to desired taste.
- For the falafel just blend all ingredients and add seasonings to taste.
- Then form balls, rounds or patties as desired (as option you can spread a bit cashew butter in the middle).
- Fry your falafel in a deep fryer or in a pot with hot oil for about 4-5 minutes or fry them in a pan, or brush your falafel with oil and bake them in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown (turn them around after 15 minutes).
- At least roast almond flakes for the topping in a pan.
- Serve falafel with bulgur salad + feta and roasted almond flakes.
Nutrition is calculated automatically and should be used as estimate.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @biancazapatka or tag #biancazapatka!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply