Ingredients for 4 Wraps:
For the Falafel (12 pieces):
- 200gr chickpeas, dried (or 400gr cooked chickepeas)
- 1 onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 handful salt sticks (or bread crumbs)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- about 1 tsp salt
- chili (as option)
- oil for frying
For the spicy Hummus:
- 250gr chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1,5 tbsp sesame butter
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper powder sweet
- 1 tsp red pepper powder spicy
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tortilla Wraps
- mini bell pepper
- 1-2 avocados
- mini salt pretzels
- Soak chickpeas in a bowl with water for 12 hours at least. Drain afterwards.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic. Rinse parsley and chop as well. Crumble salt sticks. Press lemon.
- Add all ingredients for the falafel to a blender and blend. Season again if necessary and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- If the dough is still to wet, add more flour. It should be easy to form.
- Form the dough into patties or balls as desired.
- Heat up oil in a pan and roast your falafels until golden brown crispy (about 5 minutes each side) or fry them in a huge pot/ deep fryer with hot oil (for about 4-5 minutes). Optionally, you can also cover your falafels with some oil and bake them in the oven at 200 degrees upper/lower heat or 180 degrees circulating heat for about 25-30 minutes (depends on their size); flip after 15 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients for the hummus until smooth and creamy. Season again if necessary.
- Heat up Tortilla Wraps according to the package instructions.
- Spread with lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, avocado, falafel, hummus and mini pretzels.
- Fold or roll up and enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.