This is a quick and easy 3-minute recipe for the best vegan tahini sauce that can be used as a dip, salad dressing or dairy-free mayonnaise for veggies, bowls, falafel, tacos and many dishes! It’s creamy, healthy, very delicious and perfect to make ahead using simple ingredients!
The best tahini sauce – Perfect as a dip, dressing, salad cream & more!
This delicious tahini sauce is my absolute favorite, along with my Thai-inspired best peanut sauce! Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s also incredibly delicious and a great vegan basic recipe that goes well with so many dishes!
If you’re looking for a nut-free alternative to my peanut sauce, try this yummy tahini sauce recipe!
How to use it
This quick tahini sauce is beautifully flavorful, spicy, creamy and even healthy! It’s perfect as:
- Sauce for Greek dishes like Falafel Kebab, Mushroom Gyros, and Orzo Salad, as well as for any Asian-inspired rice or noodle or vegetable dishes, like Vegan Pad Thai, Thai Noodle Salad or Asian Chili Garlic Noodles or Crispy Sesame Tofu. Tahini sauce is also great as a burger sauce!
- Dressing for fresh salads and bowls, such as Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad (Bun Chay), Korean Bibimbap, Crispy Sesame Tofu, or Poke Bowl, Thai Noodle Salad.
- Dip for finger food snacks such as for fresh Summer Rolls, Tofu Nuggets, Vegan Fish Nuggets, Fritters, Chinese Spring Rolls or crispy Yaki Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls).
- Salad cream in Potato Salad or Pasta Salad instead of eggy mayonnaise.
- Marinade for grilling Indonesian Tofu Satay Skewers or other grilled vegan meat alternatives.
- Cooking cream substitute in curries or soups to add a nutty tangy flavor and more richness!
How to make the best Vegan Tahini Sauce – This is how easy the recipe is!
For this recipe, all you need are 5 simple pantry stable ingredients that are easy to find in the grocery store plus some water and salt. These are:
- Tahini: pure sesame paste.
- Olive oil: or canola, sunflower, sesame, peanut or avocado oil.
- Lime juice: or lemon juice or rice vinegar.
- Sriracha: or any other hot chili paste.
- Garlic: is always a must-have! 😛
- Water & salt
- Optional: Ginger, paprika powder, maple or agave syrup.
You can either put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy. Or you can also put them in a jar or bottle, then seal tightly and shake until smooth. Alternatively, you can just combine everything in a bowl using a spoon or whisk until you get a smooth sauce. Add less water if you’re serving the tahini sauce as a dip or salad cream, or add more if you’re using it as a salad dressing or cooking cream substitute.
If you like the tahini sauce spicier, use more sriracha or another chili paste like sambal oelek. If you want to sweeten it a bit, feel free to add agave syrup, maple syrup, coconut blossom syrup, sugar or another sweetener of your choice.
Of course, you can also modify the basic recipe as you like, for example by stirring in some homemade sweet chili sauce. This will not only give you a pleasant spiciness, but also a beautiful sweetness.
You can also use coconut milk instead of water to give the sesame sauce an exotic flair. Or add some ginger or fresh herbs like parsley, Thai basil or chives for more vitamins and a fresh flavor!
How to store tahini sauce?
Tahini sauce (or tahini dip, tahini dressing) will keep in a sealed jar or bottle for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. It tastes even better the next day when all the flavors have combined.
If the tahini dressing has thickened too much in the fridge, simply stir in some water or plant milk until it reaches the desired consistency. You could also reheat it briefly in the microwave or over low heat on the stove to make it a little more liquid again. If you want to stock up, feel free to freeze tahini sauce in batches. Then thaw it whenever you want!
This best creamy tahini sauce dressing is:
- Dairy-free (lactose free)
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect as a dip, sauce, dressing, mayo or cream substitute for many vegan dishes!
More vegan recipes for dips, sauces, dressings & co:
- Sweet chili sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Chipotle sauce
- Creamy guacamole
- Cashew dip
- Ajvar (paprika dip)
- Herb dip
- Vegan Tzatziki
- Cashew mayonnaise (vegan aioli)
- Yogurt dressing
If you try this recipe for vegan creamy tahini sauce, feel free to leave a comment and a star rating if it’s “the best” for you too! And if you take a picture of your dish and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your remakes! Enjoy! 🙂
Tahini Sauce Dressing (Quick & Easy)Author:
*Note: Feel free to check out the recipe video and tips + step-by-step pictures above!
- Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container or sealed jar in the refrigerator for at least 1 week. However, it also freezes well.
- More helpful tips and information about the recipe as well as tasty serving suggestions are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.