This quick and easy Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup is made with a super creamy peanut coconut broth, roasted mushrooms, and crispy tofu. It’s a healthy, spicy and delicious Japanese noodle soup that comes together in under 20 minutes!
Creamy Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen
Whether Chinese food, Thai food, Indian food or Japanese food – I love all Asian recipes! And after my Vegan Pad Thai Recipe was so delicious, I wanted to share this tasty and incredibly creamy Japanese noodle soup. Actually, my version actually reminds me of a pasta dish with creamy coconut peanut sauce and vegetables. But I like soups that way – wonderfully creamy, thick, flavorful and satisfying! So I found the title “Thai Peanut Noodle Soup” perfect for this Ramen! Anyway, this recipe is really quick and easy to make, incredibly delicious and a great weeknight lunch or dinner for any time!
Homemade noodle soup – simple, healthy and delicious!
Readymade soups are now available anywhere in thousands of variations to buy in the store. But let’s be honest, do they taste good? I mean, the preparation is of course super quick and easy – just boil water, tear up the bag, fill in the powder and stir. However, the nutrient content in such a soup is relatively low and is believed to contain many undesirable ingredients, such as flavor enhancers and artificial flavors. Therefore, I find that homemade foods are always the best! Not only because it is much healthier this way, but also, it tastes much better and you can customize the ingredients to your taste and diet!
Quick and easy Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen
What makes this simple recipe so special is the creamy peanut coconut broth. In combination with the Japanese Ramen noodles, this is actually the basic recipe for my Thai peanut ramen noodle soup. The traditional Ramen broth can basically be prepared in many different ways, but I made mine with vegetable broth, coconut milk, and peanut butter.
Plant-based ingredients and natural spices
When it comes to spices I prefer using only natural organic ingredients and seasonings. In this Thai peanut ramen noodle soup, I’ve added fresh roasted garlic, ginger and curry paste for tasty flavors. Furthermore, I’ve added Jalapeños which make this ramen soup spicy! Anyway, you can add any spices you want but I would never skip the garlic as it adds an intense flavor to the broth.
Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup
Even though the preparation of the Ramen noodle soup takes even less than 20 minutes, it takes a little time to unfold flavors. So the longer the broth simmers or rests, the more intense the flavors become. So, if you prepare the broth one day ahead and chill it overnight, it will be even tastier the next day! Then, all you need to do is heat it up and bring to a boil, add the ramen noodles and let simmer for 5 minutes (or according to the package instructions for the noodles).
Tofu, mushrooms or other vegetables? Use any ingredients!
You can add any additional ingredients to your wish. I made my vegan ramen soup with crispy tofu and roasted mushrooms, but you can also use other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, broccoli, etc. or prepare the soup without tofu if you don’t like it. When I still have vegetables from the day before, then I just throw everything together and it always goes well and tastes delicious!
Crispy tofu and roasted mushrooms
To prepare the crispy tofu and mushrooms, you should first drain the tofu well. I usually wrap it in kitchen paper to squeeze the excess liquid. Once dry, you can dice the squeezed tofu, marinate with the turmeric (or other spices). Then fry in a pan with hot oil until crispy. I usually use a separate pan for the mushrooms, as this is to me the best way to do it. Anyway, I think you could also fry both together in one pan. Finally, I add the crispy tofu to the fried mushrooms. Add some soy sauce and stir to combine until the tofu and mushrooms are well coated and nicely browned.
I hope you will enjoy my Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen! This Japanese Noodle soup is:
- Vegan, Vegetarian
- Made with coconut milk and peanut butter
- Quick and Easy to make
- Super creamy
- Incredibly delicious!
- The perfect weeknight dinner!
Would you like to try more vegan Asian recipes? Then you may also like:
- Vegan Pad Thai
- Vegan dumplings with vegetable filling
- Scallion Pancakes (Chinese flatbread)
- Asian Peanut Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Crispy Sesame Tofu with Tahini Peanut Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Wontos
- Or another soup?
- Or a creamy curry?
If you do try my Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup or another recipe I would be happy if you leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers! And if you take a picture of your dish and share it on Instagram, please remember to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post! Have fun cooking! 😊
Vegan Thai Peanut Ramen
Thai Peanut Ramen
- 2 tsp coconut oil or other oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- approx. 1 tsp ginger finely grated
- 1 tbsp thai curry paste
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk full-fat, 400ml
- 1/3 cup peanut butter 80ml, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or other sweetener, to taste
- squeeze of lime juice optional
- 1 tsp jalapeño chili spice or to taste
- 8,8 oz ramen noodles 250g
Tofu & Mushrooms
To serve (optional)
- toasted peanuts
- fresh spring onions, parsley or other herbs
Peanut coconut broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Roast the garlic and ginger briefly while stirring, about 1-2 minutes. Then add the curry paste and sauté briefly. (At this point, you can also add other vegetables, sauté and then cook.)
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil. Then stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, agave syrup and jalapeño. Simmer the broth for about 10 minutes. Then add the ramen noodles and simmer for 5 minutes (or according to the packing instructions). (While the broth is cooking, prepare the tofu and the mushrooms.)
Crispy tofu and mushrooms
- Drain the tofu, wrap in kitchen paper and squeeze. Then cut into cubes and optionally marinate with the turmeric and corn starch (then the tofu will be crispier).
- Heat the peanut oil in two pans (or in one large pan). In one pan, fry the tofu until crispy from all sides. In the other pan fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Then add the mushrooms to the tofu, glaze with the soy sauce and stir to combine until evenly coated and nicely browned.
- Serve your Thai peanut ramen with the crispy tofu and mushrooms. Sprinkle freshly chopped scallions, parsley, peanuts and sesame or any other toppings on top.
- Enjoy! 😊
- I prefer using 5 minute ramen noodles, but you can also use whole grain or gluten-free ramen noodles. Alternatively, you can use any other noodles, but please make sure to check the cooking time on the packaging, so you either cook the noodle soup longer or add the noodles earlier.
- Prepare the peanut broth well in advance and chill overnight to unfold flavors. Then boil it up the next day and cook the noodles. I recommend to cook the noodles before serving, otherwise, they will be soggy.
- For more information on this recipe, please read the text above.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.