Ingredients (for 2 serves):
- 2 sweetpotatoes (or 4 carotts)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100gr spinach (as option)
- fresh parsley
For the sauce:
- 80gr cashew nuts
- 1-2 tbsp tahini
- about 125ml plantbased milk
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- about 1/2 tsp salt
- a splash of lemon juice
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours at least, or better overnight.
- Then drain and rinse them.
- Peel and chop garlic clove.
- Add cashews and all other ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more milk or water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Peel and spiralize sweet potatoes (or carrots) with a spiral cutter.
- Heat up oil in a pan and add “noodles“. Cover to let steam. Add a bit of water if necessary and gently tossing occasionally until ‚al dente‘. (Carrots don’t take as long as sweet potatoes).
- Heat up the sauce in another pan.
- Add spinach and steamed “noodles“ to your sauce and combine gently.
- Season again to taste and let stand for a short while, until the spinach has collapsed.
- Serve with parsley and enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.