Sweet Potato Noodles with Spinach and creamy Cashew sauce which tastes like an incredibly delicious vegan Alfredo Cheese Sauce – This 15-minute recipe is very easy to make, gluten-free, dairy-free and perfect if you want a healthy pasta dish!
Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce Recipe
Have you ever tried sweet potato noodles? It’s really one of my favorite summer dishes when I’m craving pasta and veggies! Actually, I’ve already shared this recipe for sweet potato noodles with cashew sauce (vegan alfredo) on my blog two years ago. But, because it’s summer and I’ve found myself making veggie noodles more often, I came up with the idea of updating this simple, delicious and healthy pasta recipe with new pics and some information in the text for you!
Healthy Veggie Pasta
Besides sweet potato noodles, I also like making zucchini noodles „zoodles“ or carrot noodles, as I did in my vegan Pad Thai recipe. Anyway, I find that veggie noodles made of sweet potatoes are more satisfying because they’re rich in complex carbohydrates. What I also like is to combine different vegetable varieties making it into a yummy rainbow pasta vitamin bomb!
How to make Sweet Potato Noodles
To make the noodles, simply peel 2 medium sweet potatoes and spiralize them. Since sweet potatoes are a bit difficult to cut, I prefer using an electric spiralizer but it’s totally up to you which one you would like to use. And if you don’t have a spiralizer, I definitely recommend buying one. It’s really worth it if you want to eat veggie noodles more often.
How to make Cashew Sauce
Also, the 5-minute Cashew Sauce comes together super quick and easy! It’s one of my go-to recipes when I want a creamy vegan Alfredo sauce in a matter of minutes! Actually, it is just made of cashews blended with garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and a little non-dairy milk. That’s it! The preparation is really so easy, so creamy, cheesy and totally delicious! You can serve it with any kind of pasta, but also with rice, potatoes, vegetables and whatever you would like to serve with a creamy vegan cheese sauce!
When your sweet potato noodles and the vegan alfredo sauce are prepared, sauté the noodles in a skillet until tender. Then combine with spinach and the sauce. The noodles will cook up quickly and provide a delicious sweetness which fits perfectly with the creamy cashew sauce.
Toppings for Veggie Noodles
Additional toppings are totally up to you. You can really get creative with the ingredients in this recipe to make the flavors and textures exciting. You can garnish your pasta dish with fresh basil, or toasted pine nuts, vegan parmesan cheese, cashew mozzarella or cashew ricotta and much more. I‘m sure it’ll be also very delicious when you add some sautéed garlic mushrooms or oven roasted tomatoes.
This Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce recipe is
- So delicious
- The perfect veggie pasta dish!
More vegan pasta sauce Recipes
If you aren’t into Cashew Sauce, you could serve your sweet potato noodles with my favorite vegan Mac and Cheese sauce or Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce. Alternatively, you could serve it with creamy Avocado pesto or another fresh homemade pesto of your choice. And if you are into pasta, be sure to check out my homemade vegan pasta recipe or my homemade ravioli recipe.
If you do try my Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce recipe I would be happy if you leave a comment and rate it – it’s always helpful to me and other readers! And if you take a picture of your creamy pasta dish and share it on Instagram, please remember to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post! Have fun cooking!
Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce
Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 cups baby spinach 100g
- 1 tbsp oil
- fresh basil, parsley, scallions or other herbs of choice
- Cover the cashews with water and soak for 3 hours at least (or better overnight). (Alternatively, cook them for 15 minutes for a quicker version).
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews, then place them in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients for the sauce and blend until very smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. (Add more non-dairy milk or water if you prefer a thinner sauce.)
Sweet Potato Noodles
- Peel the sweet potatoes and spiralize them using a spiralizer.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the sweet potato noodles and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, gently tossing occasionally.
- Add the spinach and the cashew sauce, tossing to combine. Add more water if needed and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh herbs or other toppings you like (*read my blogpost for suggestions).
- The preparation time does not include the soaking time of the cashews.
- Please read my blog post for further information about this recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.