This vegan strawberry ice cream pie is made with a simple gluten-free cookie crust and easy homemade ice cream which is soft, fluffy, creamy and requires no ice machine! Top this easy no-bake pie with whipped cream and fresh strawberries and you have a perfect summer dessert!
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
When it comes to dessert, I can’t do without a big portion of ice cream! I will not lie when telling you that there is almost not a single day that goes by where I don’t enjoy ice cream because it is and always has been my favorite dessert! Doesn’t matter if it’s strawberry ice cream, banana, peanut butter, vanilla, chocolate, raspberry – I love all ice cream flavors!
Easy Homemade Ice Cream
Actually, I prefer making vegan ice cream from scratch since I can be sure which ingredients and flavors are in it. Also, it’s super easy to prepare, even though I don’t have an ice machine. Anyways, I find, when you make the ice cream with additional whipped non-dairy cream or for a lighter version whipped Aquafaba (which is actually just the liquid from canned chickpeas), it gets super fluffy and will stay soft when completely frozen. Just blend together the strawberry coconut cream mixture, fold in fluffy whipped cream or Aquafaba and freeze! It’s so easy!
No-Bake Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
Since we are still in the strawberry season, I enjoy this vegan ice cream with strawberry flavor most. I mean, it tastes so delicious with these seasonal fresh strawberries, right? And as you might have already noticed I am actually also totally crazy about easy no-bake tarts! Not only because they come together in only 10 minutes, but also because they’re so refreshing, fruity and creamy! So I came up with the idea of combining my two favorite summer desserts and created this Strawberry Ice Cream Pie!
Quick and Easy Recipe
The great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy, features minimal ingredients, and doesn’t have a complicated method of preparation. As mentioned before, I kept the ice cream recipe very simple, so there’s no ice machine or stirring required! Anyway, if you have an ice machine, feel free to use it for an even creamier result.
How to make Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
Step 1: No-Bake Cookie Crust
To make the cookie crust, you just need to crush the cookies in a food processor or blender. Alternatively, you can put them into a ziplock bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Once they’re finely ground, combine them with some melted vegan butter. Then press the mixture into your tart or pie pan and pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify. In the meantime, prepare the vegan strawberry ice cream filling.
Step 2: Whipped non-dairy cream or Aquafaba
How to whip Coconut cream
If you decide to whip up non-dairy whipping cream or coconut cream, which makes your vegan ice cream more rich and creamy, please make sure that it’s very well chilled! Also, I recommend using a cold mixing bowl because coconut fat is very sensitive to heat. Simply pop the utensils you use in the freezer for about 10 minutes before you start.
How to whip Aquafaba
If you want to make this recipe with Aquafaba, please make sure the bowl and utensils you’ll use to whip aquafaba are completely grease-free as it can prevent Aquafaba from reaching stiff peaks. Open a can of chickpeas, drain the chickpea water into the bowl. Then beat the Aquafaba with a hand mixer until whipped and stiff peaks form. This can take about 7-10 minutes.
Step 3: Strawberry Coconut cream mixture
Add all the rest of the ingredients, such as strawberries, coconut cream, dates and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Then, gently fold in the whipped cream or Aquafaba just until combined.
Step 4: Fill into the no-bake pie crust and freeze
Next, remove your chilled cookie pie crust from the fridge or freezer. Then fill in your strawberry ice cream mixture, and freeze the vegan strawberry ice cream pie overnight. Before serving, you can decorate it with your favorite toppings, such as whipped non-dairy cream and fresh strawberries as I did.
Want to make other ice cream flavors?
If you are not in the mood for strawberries you could also make another ice cream flavor by using other ingredients instead. You could, for example, substitute other fruits. Or just by adding some peanut butter, or cocoa powder or whatever you want. And if you don’t want to make a vegan strawberry ice cream pie you can just fill the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container.
I hope you’ll like my Strawberry Ice Cream Pie. It is
- Easy to make
- So delicious!
Vegan & gluten-free Cookies for the Crust
I used vegan and gluten-free sandwich cookies to make the crust but you can pick whatever variety of sandwich cookies you like – even black Oreo cookies if you’d prefer! Actually, the cream from the sandwich cookies helps the butter hold the crust together and creates a softer crust which is perfect to freeze. Anyway, you could also use other cookies, but please make sure to use more vegan butter to substitute the cream filling.
The perfect Summer Dessert!
In my opinion, this vegan no-bake pie recipe is perfect if you want to impress your friends or family with a refreshing, fancy dessert. However, you could also make it just for yourself, of course. The great thing about ice cream pie is that you can store it in the freezer and enjoy a piece any time! So there’s no stress to eat the whole cake immediately. Also, you always have a quick dessert on hand if you’re in the need for a sweet treat.
Looking for more summer recipes to try? Then you may also like my
- Summer Fruit Cream Tart
- No-Bake Blackberry Mousse Tart
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Tart
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Strawberry Lemon Cake
- Strawberry Cream Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Best Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake
- Easy Chocolate Tarts with Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake with Strawberries
Anyway, if you try this easy No-Bake Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan Cake Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it goes! And if you take a picture of your recreation and share it on Instagram, please don’t forget to tag me @biancazapatka and also use the hashtag #biancazapatka , to make sure I don’t miss your post! 😊
Strawberry Ice Cream PieAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
Cookie Pie Crust
Whipped cream base:
- 3/4 cup non-dairy whipping cream 180 ml, or coconut cream
- OR use aquafaba liquid from 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar or 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional
- Add cookies with cream filling into a food processor and crush until finely ground. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl, add melted butter and mix until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 or 9,5-inch (23/24cm) tart pan (or another pan with removable bottom). Place in the fridge or freezer for at least 15 minutes to firm up while you make the ice cream filling.
Whipped Cream Mixture
- In a mixing bowl, add the cold non-dairy whipping cream and beat with an electric hand mixer, until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Optionally, make the pie with whipped Aquafaba: Drain a can of chickpeas into a medium sized mixing bowl and sprinkle with some cream of tartar. Beat on high speed with an electric hand mixer for about 7-10 minutes until very fluffy and stiff peaks form.)
Blended Strawberry mixture
- Put coconut cream, strawberries, dates, and vanilla into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and gently fold in the fluffy whipped cream or aquafaba. (Please stir just until combined or it can lose that fluffy texture.)
- Add the mixture into your prepared pie crust and immediately freeze overnight to set completely.
- (Optionally, add the mixture into an ice machine and prepare according the instructions. Then spread the creamy ice cream into your pie crust, and freeze another 2-3 hours or so to set.)
- Serve with whipped non-dairy cream and fresh strawberries or enjoy as it is! 😊
- If you can’t find vegan sandwich cookies, you can use 8,8oz/ 250g (gluten-free) graham cracker + adding 1/4cup (55g) more butter to substitute the cream filling.
- And if you can’t find non-dairy whipping cream or pure coconut cream in a store, you can use 1-2 cans full-fat coconut milk. Just chill them overnight, then scrape the solid cream off the top, discarding the liquid.
- Cream of tartar (or lemon juice) helps the aquafaba foam and fluff up easier, faster, and makes the peaks firmer.
- Please read my text above for additional information on this Recipe!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.