If you’re craving a delicious Strawberry Cheesecake snack, this easy Vegan Strawberry Dessert recipe with cookies, coconut yogurt cream and strawberry sauce is the perfect quick dessert for summer!
Quick Strawberry Cookie Dessert Recipe
Dessert is always perfect! Especially when it’s quick and easy to make and as delicious as this dessert with fruity strawberries, light cream and crunchy cookies! You’ll love this simple strawberry dessert in a jar because it’s the perfect summer dessert! If you don’t have strawberries, feel free to make this recipe with other fruits and berries – it’s versatile and perfect for every day!
Simple Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert in a Jar
There are countless ways to make strawberry desserts! A classic strawberry dessert is strawberry pie or strawberry cake. But a strawberry cheesecake, using strawberries either in the filling or as a topping, is always well a hit!
However, since the classic recipes are not ready in 5 minutes, this dessert is an easy way how you can combine the taste of strawberry pie and strawberry cheesecake easily in a jar. Basically, you only need 3 ingredients: Cookies, yogurt and strawberries.
This simple vegan dessert can be easily prepared with just a few ingredients! Here are the ingredients you need with possible alternatives:
- Vegan Butter: or margarine or coconut oil.
- Strawberries: or other fruits or berries like raspberries, cherries, bananas, mango, apricots, apples, pineapple, etc. – anything goes here!
- Coconut Cream: or dairy-free mascarpone, sour cream or cream cheese. With whipped cream the strawberry dessert becomes even fluffier!
- Coconut Yogurt: or another thick and creamy dairy-free yogurt or quark. Feel free to choose a flavored quark alternative like vanilla or strawberry skyr. Then you don’t need to add any additional sugar or flavoring.
- Sugar: you can use any kind of sugar or any other sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: or ground bourbon vanilla or the pulp of a vanilla bean. Other flavors and spices are also possible.
- San-apart: or cornstarch can be added optionally for more firmness. Other binders such as locust bean gum, guac gum or arrowroot flour can also be used. Here, however, you should be sparing with the dosage.
- For garnish (optional): Coconut flakes & mint.
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you can find the full recipe with the exact quantities below in the recipe card!
Step 1: Make the cookie base
First, finely crush the cookies in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan, add to the cookie crumbs and mix together. Then divide the cookie mixture into dessert glasses and press gently against the bottom.
Step 2: Spread the strawberries around the rim of the glass
Wash about 2/3 of the strawberries and pat dry. Then, depending on the size, halve or slice them and remove the stalk. Arrange the strawberry slices along the rim of the jar so that they are clearly visible from the outside.
Step 3: Prepare the creamy layer
Simply blend all the ingredients for the coconut yogurt cream until creamy. Then spread it into the dessert jars and chill for 1-2 hours to set.
Step 4: Make the strawberry sauce
Puree the remaining 1/3 strawberries until smooth. Pour the strawberry sauce on the cream layer and garnish the dessert with a fresh strawberry, desiccated coconut and mint if you like!
- If assembling the dessert seems too much work, you can simply blend the strawberries with the yogurt mix to make a super quick strawberries and cream dessert.
- To keep the ingredients to a minimum, you can simply layer cookies with any yogurt or quark and strawberries in the jar.
- If you want the cream to be firmer, you should prepare the dessert with vegan mascarpone and thick yogurt and respect the cooling time. When using coconut cream and regular yogurt, the cream will turn out more liquid.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can also use an almond, cashew, or soy-based yogurt alternative.
- For a fancier version, you can serve a vegan chocolate mousse with pureed strawberries or make a strawberry panna cotta.
This Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipe is:
- Quick and easy to make
- With crunchy cookies
- Dairy-free (lactose-free)
- Without heavy cream, cream cheese or sour cream
- Succeeds gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free
- Can also be prepared with other fruits
- The perfect dessert for any occasion and every day!
More Easy Vegan Dessert in a Jar
- Chocolate Mousse
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Blackberry Mousse
- Raspberry Parfait
- Lemon Curd Dessert
- Mango Mousse
- Vanilla Pudding Mousse
- Semolina Pudding with Raspberries
- Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
- Coconut Rice Pudding
- Cherry Tiramisu
If you try this easy vegan strawberry dessert recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your delicious no-bake dessert and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka so I don’t miss your post! Enjoy! 🙂
Vegan Strawberry Dessert "Cheesecake-Style"Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 3.5 oz (100) oat cookies or other cookies
- 2 tbsp vegan butter soft or coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups (300) strawberries + 4 more for decoration
- 7 oz (200 g) coconut cream or vegan mascarpone/ sour cream/ whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 g) coconut yogurt or other creamy yogurt or quark
- 2 tbsp sugar any kind or other sweetener, + more/less to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp San-apart or cornstarch, optional for more firmness
For garnish (optional)
- desiccated coconut
- For the cookie base, finely crush the cookies in a food processor or with a rolling pin and place in a bowl. Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan. Then add to the cookie crumbs and mix together. Divide the cookie mixture among 4 dessert glasses and press gently against the bottom.
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry. Then halve or slice 1 cup of them, depending on their size, and remove the stalk.
- Arrange the strawberry slices along the rim of the glass so that they are clearly visible from the outside.
Coconut Yogurt Cream
- Blend the coconut cream, yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract and optional San-apart until creamy. Carefully divide the coconut yogurt cream into the jars and chill for 1-2 hours to set.
- Puree the remaining 1 cup of strawberries (with a little sugar if desired).
- Pour the strawberry sauce on the cream layer and garnish with a halved strawberry, desiccated coconut and mint if desired.
- If you want the cream to be firmer, you can prepare the dessert with vegan mascarpone and cottage cheese and respect the cooling time. When using coconut cream and yogurt, the cream will turn out more liquid.
- If you choose a flavored yogurt/quark alternative like vanilla or strawberry skyr, then you will need less/no additional sugar and flavoring.
- More tips and information about the recipe such as notes on ingredients & substitutions, ideas for recipe variations are at the top of the blog post!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.