This blog post is kindly sponsored by Baileys. Please drink responsibly. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Strawberry Cream Naked Cake with Baileys not only looks pretty, but it also tastes incredibly delicious! This Strawberry Cake is made of four soft, pillowy and moist vanilla cake layers with fresh strawberry filling and cream. The perfect dessert for summer! Plus Step-by-step instructions!
Creamy, moist, fluffy with lots of strawberries and vanilla – this is the best strawberry cake!
This year’s strawberry season is now in full swing! But honestly I have already bought a lot of fresh strawberries even earlier, so I could bake delicious strawberry cakes and fruity desserts or just to enjoy them as they are. Anyway, as you may have already noticed, I am a huge strawberry fan and when I see them in the store, I just have to buy them, they’re impossible for me to resist!
Strawberry Cream Naked Cake with Baileys Strawberries & Cream
So of course, here is another new strawberry recipe for you today. But this time it’s not a vegan strawberry cake again, because there are already some of them on my blog, this one is for my non-vegan followers. In the meantime, I have already received a lot of messages asking if I only bake vegan now. And honestly, I’ve been baking almost all my recent recipes without eggs and no dairy products either lately. Anyway, when the company „Baileys“ asked me if I would like to create a delicious cake recipe using the new Baileys Strawberries & Cream, I thought that this would be a suitable opportunity. And as a big strawberry lover, I can tell you that this combo tastes amazing!
Strawberries, vanilla and white chocolate – the perfect combination!
The new Baileys Strawberries & Cream is a delicious combination of ripe strawberries, vanilla, a touch of white chocolate and the Baileys Original Irish Cream, which goes together perfectly with a delicious strawberry cake! Incidentally, I also think that this Baileys is also good as an additional ingredient in pancakes, waffles or in my other strawberry cakes. So if you want to add a special shot into your usual batter, maybe that would be a great idea! 😃
Simple vanilla cake from scratch – freshly baked and homemade is the best!
The strawberry cake itself is a delicious, moist and soft vanilla cake. Maybe you have already tried my vegan vanilla cake or one of my vegan lemon cakes? Anyway, today’s recipe is the non-vegan version of it while having less lemon flavor but more vanilla flavor. Also, it contains eggs from happy chickens and dairy products from the organic market. If you want to make this cake vegan, then check out at these vegan recipes.
The best vanilla cake recipe – How to make vanilla cake!
The vanilla cake for this strawberry naked cake batter comes together super quick and easy. To make it, in a mixing jar, whisk together the flour and baking powder. In another mixing jar, combine the buttermilk, baileys, and vanilla. In a large mixing bowl, mix the soft butter, oil, and sugar until creamy. Then, gradually, add the eggs, one at a time. Now, alternately, add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture (in 4 batches), so that you’ll finally have a smooth dough.
The secret of how to make perfect vanilla cake! Do not over mix the batter!
Please do not add all the flour at once, or it can result in over mixing which makes the cake tough and may cause cake cracks. The goal is to keep the air in the batter, without overworking it because that is the secret to making the perfect vanilla cake! So please make sure to follow the instructions exactly if you want thick, soft, pillowy, moist and evenly baked cake layers!
When your vanilla cake batter is mixed together, divide it evenly into your two prepared cake pans and bake them for about 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Afterwards, let the baked vanilla cakes cool completely. Optionally, you can place them in the fridge overnight because chilled cakes are easier to cut into layers.
Homemade strawberry jam with less sugar (fresh strawberry compote)
“Strawberry jam, strawberry filling or strawberry compote?!” Somehow I am not sure what to call this fruity cake layer, because it is just fresh puréed strawberries. I have sweetened this strawberry puree with a little sugar and then cooked it with some cornstarch to thicken. Actually, I am usually making this cake filling using my basic recipe for homemade compote. However, I just vary the amount of sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit I have used or by taste. Anyways, I usually do not add much sugar, but feel free to add more, if you like it sweeter.
How to make strawberry jam from scratch
To make homemade strawberry jam, simply purée the strawberries and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. In the meantime, dissolve cornstarch in a bit of water. Add the starch mixture while stirring and cook the strawberry puree for about 3 minutes until thickened. (Take note that it thickens even more when it cools.) It is important that you let the strawberry compote cool completely before layering your cake. I usually fill it in jars and place it sealed in the fridge overnight. Then, the next day it is well cooled and thickened.
Can’t find fresh strawberries? Then use frozen strawberries or other fruit/ jam!
Unfortunately, strawberries are not in season all year round, and also the Baileys Strawberries & Cream is limited to this year’s strawberry season. Anyway, there are also other fruits and other Bailey’s varieties, so you can bake this cake anytime! You can also make the jam with frozen strawberries or substitute other seasonal fruit. If you choose frozen berries, make sure to cook them a little longer (about 6-8 minutes) because of their thawing liquid. Alternatively, you can also use any store-bought berry jam. To make it more spreadable, you can simply warm it up a bit.
How to make a Naked Cake – Strawberry Layer Cake
Once your vanilla cake layers and strawberry compote are completely cooled, cut each cake horizontally into two even layers. Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the cream over the cake. Then spread 1/3 of the strawberry jam over. Now put the next cake layer on top and repeat this step for the second and third cake layer. After placing the fourth layer on top, spread the remaining cream on top of the layer cake and lightly on the sides to create a naked cake. I stirred a sip of Baileys Strawberry Cream and a pinch of gelatine powder to a small portion of the remaining cream and then spread it lightly on the sides. However, this is just an optional step to create those pink marble effects on the sides.
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake in a Naked Cake look
Finally, you can decorate your strawberry cake however you want. I used fresh strawberries and flowers to decorate my layer cake, but, of course, you can get as creative as you wish!
If you love making layer cakes, then you may also like these recipes:
- Vegan Strawberry Lemon Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake with Strawberries
- Peanut Butter Chocolates Snickers Pie
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Vegan Black Forest Cake
- The Best Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Cream Cake
- Vegan Vanilla Cake
If you try this Strawberry Cream Naked Cake with Baileys Strawberry Cream or another of my cake recipes, feel free to leave a comment letting me know how you liked it! And if you take a picture of your layer cake and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me with @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka so I will not miss your post! Have fun baking! 😊
Strawberry Cream Naked CakeAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 420g
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk 240ml
- 1/2 cup Baileys Strawberries & Cream 120ml, or sub more buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick soft butter 115g
- 1/2 cup neutral oil 120ml
- 1 1/2 cups sugar 300g
- 4 eggs *read recipe notes for the vegan option
- 14 oz strawberries 400g
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3-4 tbsp orange juice or water
- 10,6 oz cream cheese 300g, or mascarpone
- 1 2/3 cup whipping cream 400ml
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar 180g
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice optional
*See step-by-step pictures in my blog post above!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 8-inch (20-cm) springform pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together. Set aside. In another bowl, add the buttermilk, Baileys and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the soft butter, oil and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Then, gradually, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Alternately, add the flour mixture (which you prepared in step 2) and the buttermilk mixture in 4 batches and mix until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly in your prepared cake pans. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of your cakes comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely. (Optionally, you can place the cakes in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight, as they will be easier to cut into layers when well chilled.)
- Puree strawberries, add the sugar and bring to a boil in a pot. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little water or orange juice and pour this mixture into the strawberry puree while stirring. Cook for about 3 minutes until thickened.
- Allow the jam to cool completely. (It will thicken up more as it cools).
- In a mixing jar, beat the cream until stiff. (I recommend adding 1-2 packs of cream stabilizer while beating).
- In another mixing jar, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until creamy. Then, fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the cream frosting in the fridge for 15 minutes, or until ready to use.
Assemble the cake
- Cut each cake horizontally into two even layers.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the cream over the cake. Then spread 1/3 of the strawberry jam over it.
- Now add the next cake layer and repeat this step for the second and third layer. Finally, place the fourth cake layer on top. Spread the remaining strawberry cream on top of the cake and lightly on the sides to create a Naked Cake.
- Preferably, refrigerate the cake for about 1-2 hours before decorating and serving.
- Enjoy! 😊
- You can find the vegan recipe for this cake in this blog post.
- To make the vanilla cake gluten-free, I recommend using a gluten-free flour blend 1:1
- If you do not want to make strawberry jam yourself, you can use store-bought jam.
- Please read my blog post for further information on this recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply