This stone fruit galette is filled with peaches, apricots, nectarines, and plums but you can use any fruit to make this easy recipe! The homemade vegan pie crust is flaky, crispy, delicious and comes together in only 5 minutes!
Stone Fruit Galette – The perfect dessert for any season!
Nothing really says summer like a delicious fruit galette with a large scoop of vegan ice cream, and this stone fruit galette is truly the best! It not only makes a perfect dessert for summer time but also for spring, fall, winter – actually, any season! And another great thing is that the recipe is so versatile and SO EASY to make! All you really need is vegan pie dough, fresh fruit, a little sugar and almonds for the topping. That’s it!
Easy Summer Recipes
As you may have already noticed I’m currently using up all the summer produce to the best I can. I really love creating yummy summer recipes, such as savory fresh veggie bowls like this Vegan Bibimbap, Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce or Vegan Pad Thai. And, of course, I also love fresh fruit desserts like this no-bake fruit tart, ice cream pie or creamy vegan cheesecake. But I still have so many more recipe ideas for summer, so I can’t wait to share them all!
Use any fruit you like!
Besides to all these delicious seasonal fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, I am also totally obsessed with summer stone fruit! My favorites are peaches, apricots, nectarines, and plums, so I came up with the idea to combine them all for this galette filling. Anyway, there’s no rule, so feel free to use the fruit variety and combo you like best! Also, fresh cherries, apples, and pears are a great addition!
How to cut stone fruit
The only thing about this recipe that is a little tricky is cutting the fruit. But actually, even that is pretty simple. I just cut them in half, then took the seeds out, and lastly sliced the fruit lengthwise. But please don’t worry too much about making the filling look perfect. I assure you, your stone fruit galette will be delicious, no matter how it looks! Just cut the fruit the best you can, then mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
Easy vegan Pie Crust recipe
I kept the vegan pie crust recipe super simple since there’s already so much flavor in the fruit filling and nutty almond topping. All you need is just flour, vegan butter, non-dairy yogurt, a little ice water and a pinch of salt and sugar. Knead everything together until a smooth dough forms. Then cover and refrigerate for a few minutes to allow the dough to firm up. Because that makes the dough easier to roll since a chilled pie crust dough is not so sticky anymore.
How to make Stone Fruit Galette
After chilling, roll the dough to make a 12-inch round. Then arrange or pile the prepared fruit in the center of the pastry. Fold the edge of the dough up over the fruit to form a crust, as pictured. Brush the edge of the dough with a little non-dairy cream and sprinkle with almonds and brown sugar. Bake it up and enjoy!
This Stone Fruit Galette is
- Can be made Gluten-free
- Made with vegan Pie Crust
- that is Crispy
- & so delicious!
Fruit Galette with ice cream
You can serve this vegan galette how it is – either warm or at room temperature. Anyway, I find it tastes even better when you serve it with a large scoop of homemade ice cream! So you’ll have the absolutely perfect summer dessert!
How to store & freeze Fruit Galette
The galette is best eaten on the day of baking while the crust is still super crisp. However, if you have any leftovers, they will keep, refrigerated for up to 3 days. Just make sure to store it airtight. I prefer to wrap individual slices in foil and then place in an airtight container. Alternatively, you could also freeze it that way for a longer storage.
More easy dessert recipes to try
- Cherry Pie
- Blueberry Pie
- Summer Fruit Cream Tart
- No-Bake Blackberry Mousse Tart
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Chocolate Banana bread
If you do try this easy Stone Fruit Galette Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan Cake Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it turned out for you! And if you take a picture of your dessert and share it on Instagram, please don’t forget to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post! Happy baking!
Stone Fruit GaletteAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
Vegan Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cup flour 300g
- 3 tbsp brown sugar plus 2 tsp for sprinkling
- pinch of salt
- 7 oz vegan butter 200g, well chilled & cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp non-dairy yogurt or sub apple sauce
- 2 tbsp cold water
- pinch of vanilla optional
- pinch of cinnamon optional
- 2 tbsp non-dairy cream for brushing
- 3 tbsp almonds for topping
Vegan Pie Crust
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the cubed vegan butter and non-dairy yogurt. Mix with a spoon, until the dough just comes together, drizzling in 2 tbsp cold water. Transfer to a working surface and gently knead the dough with your hands until a smooth dough forms. Form dough into a disk, wrap in foil (or cover with a kitchen towel) and place it in the fridge while you make the filling, about 30 minutes (or for up to one week).
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Halve and pit the stone fruit and slice thinly. In a small bowl or jar, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla. Add this mixture in the fruit along with the lemon juice, and gently toss until the fruit is coated evenly.
- When the dough has chilled, remove from the fridge. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough to make a 12-inch round.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange the fruit over the dough, leaving a border around the edge (*as pictured in the step-by-step pics above).
- Fold the edge of the dough up over the fruit to form a crust (*as pictured in the step-by-step pics above). Brush the edge of the dough with a little non-dairy cream and sprinkle with almonds and brown sugar.
- Bake the galette until the crust is golden and the fruit is soft and caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm (or at room temperature) with a drizzle of maple syrup and a large scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
- To make this galette gluten-free, I recommend using a gluten-free flour blend 1:1 and adding an additional flax-egg (Mix 1 tbsp ground flax seeds into 3 tbsp hot water and set aside for about 5 minutes until jelly). Take note that you may need a little less non-dairy yogurt when adding the flax-egg.
- Please read my blogpost for additional information about this recipe such as how to store and freeze or other fruit suggestions.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.