An easy recipe for spinach wraps with bell pepper and vegan cashew cheese filling. They are delicious, healthy and perfect to grab and go, for a quick meal or party snack.
Easy Spinach Wraps with Cashew Cheese
These delicious spinach wraps are ready in around 10 minutes and you only need a few simple ingredients to make them. The cashew cheese is easy to make and you can prepare it in advance. Then you can roll up your spinach wraps in less than 5 minutes.
Of course, you can also use store-bought plant-based cream cheese or you can make fresh guacamole from avocados, if you don’t want to make cashew cheese. I always like to variate the spreads and sometimes prepare them with hummus. When I choose store-bought vegan cream cheese, I usually prefer the variation with herbs from an organic supermarket.
Wraps with fresh spinach – delicious, healthy and rich in vitamins and nutrients!
Spinach is a healthy vegetable and in my opinion it’s also very delicious as a side dish. That’s why I use spinach so often in my recipes because it’s literally one of my favorite vegetables. Especially as a filling for different foods, such as empanadas, dumplings and croquettes, it is just perfect.
With this recipe, the spinach is just blanched. This means that the spinach is cooked only briefly and then immediately quenched in ice water. The advantage of blanching is that all vitamins and nutrients are preserved. In addition, color and taste are thereby even more intense. If spinach (or vegetables in general) is cooked for too long, it quickly turns pale and bland and loses all vitamins and nutrients.
The perfect tortillas for a delicious wrap
Very important for delicious wraps are of course the tortillas themselves. They should not be too small and not too hard. Besides, they should not contain any strange ingredients. I prefer to use normal wheat tortillas from an organic store or a regular supermarket, but also gluten-free tortillas are a good choice. Of course, you can also make tortillas yourself, but store-bought tortillas have the advantage that they only have to be heated up briefly in a pan, so that you have less work. When heating them up, please make sure that they do not stay too long in the hot pan, otherwise they will quickly get too dry and can not be rolled up well.
Wraps Recipe Variations
There are many more ways how you can fill wraps, so they never get boring. Instead of pepper, you can use tomatoes or any other vegetables you like. If friends come over and you want to serve more wraps, you can use various fillings or different types of cheese and creams. Then everyone can choose their favorite. When I served these delicious rolls for the first time at a party, the plate was super quick empty. Even the guests who were not vegan loved these wraps.
If you try this Spinach Cashew Cheese Wraps recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your result and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka so I don’t miss your post! 🙂
Spinach Wraps with Cashew Cheese (Easy & Vegan)Author:
Ingredients for 3 wraps:
- 12.3 oz (350 g) spinach fresh or frozen
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 7 oz (200 g) cashew cheese or vegan cream cheese / feta cheese
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice fresh
- 3 tortillas homemade or store-bought (gluten-free if needed)
For the cashew cheese:
- 7 oz (200 g) cashews soaked
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- herbs optional
- 1-2 tbsp dairy-free yoghurt optional
For the cashew cheese *:
- Soak the cashew nuts for at least 4 hours (or better overnight).
- Then drain the soaked cashews in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Blend with lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast flakes (and optional a bit of dairy-free yoghurt) in the food processor or in the blender.
For the spinach filling:
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Cook the spinach uncovered in the bubbling water for about 1 minute until it gets bright green. Then immediately scald in prepared ice-water (to stop the cooking process and to keep all vitamins).
- Then squeeze the spinach well and finely chop.
- Wash the pepper, cut in half and cut into very fine cubes.
- Peel the onion and the garlic clove, finely chop and stir with the cashew cheese until smooth. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then add the spinach and the paprika cubes.
To prepare the wraps:
- Heat up the tortillas wraps in a large pan without oil briefly.
- Spread the cashew spinach filling on top and roll them up. Cut them in half and serve.
- You can also use frozen spinach. This only needs to be thawed. You do not need to blanch / cook it.
- For a faster version (without soaking cashew nuts) you can also cook the cashews for just 10 minutes.
- Instead of homemade cashew cheese, you can also use plant-based (herb-infused) cream cheese / feta, guacamole or hummus.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.