Hey my dears,
Some time ago I presented you a (vegan) “blueberry cheesecake” and today I would like to share a new gluten-free version with raspberries and 2 layers. I mean, who doesn‘t love a creamy cheese cake with a nutty chocolate base, followed by a refreshing vanilla cream and finished with a fruity pink raspberry cream?
I think this cake does not just taste heavenly, but also lets spring fever come up!
It‘ll definitely sweeten every rainy day in a healthy way.
This time I made the chocolate base without adding any flour. It’s just based on ground hazelnuts. This makes the cake gluten-free, very aromatic and nutty in flavor and if you use a sugar-free sweetener, it‘s even low carb.
However, if you don‘t like hazelnuts or if you have allergies to nuts, you can of course use another nut variety for the base, or simply take the recipe from the “Blueberry Cheesecake” which has a nut-free base.
For the creamy cheesecake layers you don‘t even need to use the oven. Because both layers, the vanilla and the fruity raspberry layer, are made without baking.
I only used vegan ingredients for this recipe. So the cake is without eggs, without butter and without dairy.
But if you’re not vegan, you can also make the recipe with conventional dairy products and eggs. That should work, too! ? Anyways, I notice both ways in the recipe.
Instead of raspberries, you can of course also add any other fruits that you like. So feel free in your creativity!
Let’s start with the recipe:
Raspberry Vanilla Cheesecake (vegan + gluten-free)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 2 eggs or 2 flaxseed eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons soymilk, soaked)
- 50 g of sugar or other sweetener
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g vegan butter or coconut oil
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 g soy quark or silken tofu, drained
- 50 g of sugar or other sweetener
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 200 ml soy cream
- 1 tsp agar-agar or 5 sheets of gelatin
- 120 g raspberries pureed
- fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- For the chocolate base, first whisk the (flaxseed) eggs with the sugar until frothy.
- Then melt the chocolate with the (vegan) butter over a water bath and mix with all the other ingredients for the base.
- Put the dough in a greased 20cm round baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Then remove the cake, let cool a little and place the cake on a cooling grid.
- For the cheesecake layers: mix (soy) quark/ tofu, sugar and vanilla sugar with a squeeze of lemon juice until creamy and divide the mixture in half.
- Beat the (soy) cream until stiff.
- For the vanilla layer: prepare 1/3 tsp agar-agar according to the packaging instructions and let it cool a bit so that the cream doesn’t melt (or dissolve 2 sheets of gelatine in 2 tbsp cold water). Then fold with half amount of whipped cream in one half of the quark mixture.
- Cover the chocolate base with a cake ring, spread the cream on it and smooth it.
- For the raspberry layer: puree the raspberries and mix well with the other half of the quark mixture.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp agar-agar according to the packaging instructions and let it cool a bit so that the cream doesn’t melt (or dissolve 3 sheets of gelatine in 3 tbsp cold water) and fold in the raspberry curd with the other half of the whipped cream. Then spread on the vanilla layer.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Before serving, remove the cake ring and garnish the cake with fresh raspberries and powdered icing sugar.
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.