This pretty pink Vegan Raspberry Cream Stracciatella Cake is super delicious, fluffy, moist, and much easier to make than you think. The perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays, or any occasion!
Raspberry Cake with Chocolate and Strawberries – like Yogurette
In keeping with Valentine’s Day, I made this beautiful vegan cake consisting of fluffy stracciatella cake layers, pink raspberry cream, fresh strawberries, and sweet heart-shaped sugar sprinkles. But the raspberry cream cake is perfect not only for Valentine’s Day, but also for birthdays, weddings or other celebrations!
Simple Vegan Layer Cake
What I love most about this adorable cake is that it’s much easier to make than you think! Plus, no one will know that the cake is completely vegan with no eggs, butter or dairy milk at all.
Fluffy Eggless Sponge Cake
My vegan sponge cake recipe has been tried countless times and is definitely sure to succeed! I added some grated chocolate to the sponge cake batter, but that’s just optional. You can also bake a classic vegan vanilla cake or chocolate sponge cake or mix in some colorful sprinkles to make a Funfetti cake.
To make the cake layers, you just need a few simple ingredients that you may have already in your pantry. The creamy raspberry frosting is also super quick and easy to make with just 3 ingredients. It’s light and creamy, but stable enough to safely transport the cake and serve without a long refrigeration time.
Versatile Layer Cake Recipe
Instead of raspberries you can of course use other berries like blueberries, strawberries or currants. Fruits like cherries, peaches, apricots or tangerines are also suitable for this recipe. The type of jam you can then choose to match the fruit used.
Then you can decorate your vegan cake with fresh berries, heart sprinkles or other fruit and colorful decorations. Surprise your loved ones on their birthday with this pretty and delicious cake!
Ingredients for the Raspberry Cream Cake
- Flour: all-purpose or spelt flour or gluten-free flour. Light flours will make the cakes fluffier than whole wheat flour.
- Cornstarch: or vanilla pudding powder.
- Baking powder
- Sugar: variety to taste.
- Vanilla: or vanilla extract.
- Soy milk: or other vegetable milk.
- Vegetable oil: e.g. canola, sunflower, or alba oil.
- Apple cider vinegar: or white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Grated chocolate: optional.
- Vegan whipping cream: or another whippable vegetable cream.
- Vegan cream cheese: or sub vegan butter.
- Raspberry Jam: I use raspberry jam without chunks, but you can also make your own raspberry compote. Other jam varieties are also possible.
- San-apart: or cornstarch (optional).
For garnish (optional): Strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, candy hearts.
How to make Raspberry Cream Cake
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements below in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Make the cake batter
First, prepare the batter for 4 cake layers according to this recipe. First sift flour, cornstarch and baking powder into a bowl. Then add sugar, salt and vanilla and mix everything with a whisk. In a container, whisk together plant milk, oil and apple cider vinegar and then whisk into the flour mixture. Finally, fold in grated chocolate.
Step 2: Prepare springform pan and bake cake
Grease the sides of two 8-inch cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Divide batter between the pans and bake in the oven at 356 °F (180 °C) for approx. 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Then allow to cool completely on a wire rack and preferably refrigerate overnight.
Step 3: Make raspberry cream frosting
In a mixing bowl, beat the vegan whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another container, mix the vegan cream cheese and raspberry jam until creamy (you can optionally add pink food coloring). Then gently stir in the whipped cream until everything is well mixed.
Step 4: Layer the cake
First, cut each cake horizontally into two equal layers. Place one cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand and spread about ¼ of the raspberry cream mixture evenly on top. Place the next cake layer on top and again spread ¼ of the raspberry cream on top. Repeat this process for the third layer as well. Then place the fourth layer on top and spread the entire cake with the remaining raspberry cream.
Step 5: Decorate vegan cake
Now you can decorate your raspberry cream choco cake with fresh raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, heart sprinkles or other toppings as you like! Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tips and variations
- Sponge cake base: If you like, you can also prepare this cake with other cake bases such as chocolate sponge, nut cake, lemon cake or almond cake.
- Baking Time: Since every oven is a little different, I recommend doing a stick test to test if the cake is ready.
- Cooling: It is best to refrigerate the freshly baked cakes overnight, wrapped in plastic wrap, after they have cooled. This is because cooled cakes are easier to cut and layer.
- Jam: You can also make the raspberry filling yourself using this raspberry compote recipe and use it instead of jam. Other jams and other berries are also possible.
- Fresh fruit: If you want to decorate the cake with fresh fruit, I recommend putting it on top just before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does the vegan cake keep?
The raspberry cream cake can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, depending on how stable the frosting is.
Can I freeze it?
Both the decorated cake and just the cakes without frosting can be frozen. Leftover cake pieces are best wrapped carefully with plastic wrap first and then placed in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. To thaw the cake pieces, you can simply leave them on the counter for 1-2 hours or place them in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I make the cake gluten-free?
Of course! This vegan cake turns out perfectly with a gluten-free flour blend!
This Vegan Raspberry Cream Cake is:
- Without butter
- Easy to make
- Can be made gluten-free
- Dairy-free (lactose-free)
- Versatile & adaptable
- Soft and fluffy
- Moist and creamy
- Totally delicious!
- The perfect birthday cake!
More Vegan Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Vanilla Cake
- Nut Cream Cake
- Poppy Seed Lemon Layer Cake
- Raspberry Almond Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Snickers Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Strawberry Lemon Cake
- Black Forest Cake
- Chocolate Cake
- Blueberry Coconut Cake
- Strawberry Cream Cake
- Vanilla Cake
- Strawberry Coconut Cake
- German Danube Wave Cake
- German Bienenstich Kuchen
If you try this easy vegan raspberry stracciatella cake, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your vegan cake and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Happy baking! 🙂
Vegan Raspberry Stracciatella CakeAuthor:
- 4 sponge cake layers see notes for other options
- ½ cup grated chocolate optional
- 7 oz (200 g) vegan whipping cream or other whippable dairy-free cream
- 10.6 oz (300 g) vegan cream cheese room-warm (or sub vegan butter)
- ½ cup (100 g) raspberry jam or homemade raspberry filling
- 3 tsp San-apart or cornstarch (optional)
- pink food coloring optional
To Garnish (optional)
- strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds
- heart sprinkles
*Note: Check out the step-by-step photos and the recipe video above!
- First prepare the sponge for 4 cake layers according to this recipe (optionally you can fold in grated chocolate at the end). Divide between 2 x 8-Inch (20-cm) round cake pans and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate the cakes, preferably wrapped in plastic wrap, overnight.
Raspberry Cream Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, whip the vegan whipping cream with San-apart until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the vegan cream cheese and raspberry jam until creamy (you can optionally add pink food coloring). Then mix in the whipped cream until combined.
Assemble the Cake
- Cut each cake horizontally into two equal layers. Place one cake layer on a serving platter and spread about ¼ of the raspberry cream evenly on top.
- Place the next cake layer on top and again spread ¼ of the raspberry cream on top. Repeat this process for the third layer as well. Then place the fourth layer on top and spread the entire cake with the remaining raspberry cream.
- Decorate the cake with fresh raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, heart sprinkles or other toppings as desired!
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice and enjoy!
- Sponge Cake: If you like, you can make this recipe with other cake bases such as chocolate sponge, nut cake, lemon cake or almond cake.
- Raspberry Jam: You can also make the raspberry filling yourself using this recipe and use it instead of jam. Feel free to use other types of jams and fruits.
- Storage: leftover cake can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, depending on how stable the frosting is. You can also freeze leftover cake pieces.
- More helpful tips and information about the recipe are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply