This Raspberry Chocolate Tart recipe with no-bake vegan Nutella filling and crispy hazelnut crust is rich, creamy, delicious and easy to make! Topped with smooth chocolate ganache, fresh berries, and toasted hazelnuts, you’ll have an amazing dessert that’s perfect to make ahead for any occasion!
When it comes to chocolate, I typically prefer it combined with either nuts or fruit. Since my raspberry chocolate cake was so delicious, I wanted to create another chocolaty recipe with that combination. In my opinion, raspberries and chocolate were just made for each other, but Nutella and raspberries are even better! The rich hazelnut chocolate flavor pairs so well with the juicy fruity raspberries on top of this crunchy tart crust. Honestly, it couldn’t be better and simpler!
Which pan can I use?
I usually make one large tart so I can cut it into individual pieces for serving. However, you can also use smaller tart pans to make tartlets if you prefer. Just be sure to use a tart or tartlet pans with a removable bottom for easier removal. If you don’t have any, you can also make this tart in a springform pan.
The perfect dessert to make ahead!
The hazelnut tart crust is wonderfully crunchy and a delightful complement to the smooth vegan Nutella chocolate filling. Since this tart sets up in the refrigerator, you can also make this dessert in advance. Simply store in the fridge until you want to serve it!
How to make Raspberry Chocolate Tart
This Raspberry Chocolate Tart is really easy to make with just a few ingredients in two simple steps! While this is a foolproof recipe essentially, I took some step-by-step shots for you so you can understand exactly what you have to do.
Step 1: Prep the hazelnut crust
Start to make the crunchy hazelnut tart crust by roasting the hazelnuts for a few minutes. Then place into a blender or food processor and crush until they are gound. Transfer the ground hazelnuts to a bowl. Add the flour, coconut sugar, and a pinch of salt and whisk to combine. Next, add in the cold cubed vegan butter and knead with your hands to form a dough. Once the mixture sticks together press it into your lightly greased tart pan. I think that using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass, works best to press the crust into the tart pan. Also, make sure the crust goes up the sides of the pan.
Step 3: pre-bake the crust
Now you’ll have to pre-bake the crust. Prick the bottom a few times with a fork. Then place a piece of parchment paper on top of the crust and fill in pie weights (e.g. dry rice or beans). Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove the pie weights and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool while it will get firmer and crisp up even more.
Step 3: Make the filling
While the crust cools, you can prepare the chocolate hazelnut filling for your raspberry tart. It is literally just the same process as you would cook traditional pudding or custard. Start to whisk the cornstarch and 1/3 cup of the coconut milk together in a small cup. Set aside. Heat the rest of the coconut milk, vegan Nutella (use your favorite creamy chocolate hazelnut spread), and vanilla extract in a saucepan and whisk to combine. When it starts to boil, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, then pour into the crust. Finally, chill the tart in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to set. That’s all you have to do!
Step 4: decorate & enjoy!
I topped my Raspberry Nutella tart with a thin layer of vegan chocolate ganache. However, this is just optional as this dessert is chocolaty, rich, and just irresistible how it is! You can also garnish it with the remaining toasted hazelnuts or other fruits you like. Also, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, bananas, and simply anything would be great here!
This Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Tart is
- Easy to make
- So delicious!
If you love chocolate, be sure to check out these amazing recipes!
- Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Snickers Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Pancakes
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Peanut Caramel Chocolate Bars (Vegan Snickers)
- Best Vegan Brownies
If you try this Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Tart recipe, please leave a comment and rating! And if you take a photo of your chocolate hazelnut Nutella dessert and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your remakes! Have fun trying!
Raspberry Chocolate Tart with Hazelnuts
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
Toasted Hazelnut Crust
Vegan Nutella Filling
- 1 Recipe Chocolate Ganache
- See step-by-step photos in the blog post above!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the chopped hazelnuts out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast for about 5-7 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and turn the oven up to 350°F (180°C)
- Add 3/4 cup of the toasted hazelnuts to a food processor or blender and pulse into a coarse flour. Transfer to a bowl and add in the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine, then add cold pieces of vegan butter and knead with your hands until the mixture sticks together. (If it’s too dry, add a little ice water).
- Press the mixture evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch tart pan, using your fingers (or the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the prepared crust and fill in pie weights (e.g. dry rice or beans). Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove the pie weights, and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool while it will crisp up even more.
- Whisk the cornstarch and ⅓ cup of the coconut milk together in a small cup. Set aside. Heat the rest of the coconut milk, vegan Nutella, and vanilla into a saucepan and whisk to combine. When it starts to boil, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, then pour into the crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to set. Top with chocolate ganache as desired, raspberries, pomegranate and remaining toasted hazelnuts.
- Flour: You can also substitute light spelt flour or (gluten-free) oat flour.
- Vegan Nutella: Use your favorite creamy chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Make-Ahead: You can prepare just the crust or the entire tart ahead. Cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Tartlets: This recipe will make 8 tartlets.
- The preparation time noted in the recipe includes no time for chilling the tart before serving.
- Please read my blog post for further helpful information and step-by-step photos!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.