Hi my loves! ?
… and once again I have a super easy, delicious and vegan recipe for you! I guess everyone should know and love the recipe from “Granny‘s Kitchen“ – I‘m talking about potato fritters, or also called “potato pancakes”! ?
These pancakes are only made from potatoes and a bit of flour. The flour ensures that it also applies to moisture retention, even for the “perfect hold”. Usually there is also an egg added, but anyway, it also works without animal products.
Traditionally, potato pancakes are served with applesauce, but I also find them very delicious in the savory variety combined with fried mushrooms, some fresh spring onions and a vegan herb dip. I prefer to make the dip just from cashew nuts and herbs. This also turns out super creamy and tasty even without any dairy products ?.
Moreover these fritters are also very suitable and delicious as “Burger-Pattys” ?? Click here for the burger recipe: Potato Fritter Burger with Carrot Apple Salad
Hopefully you’ve now become curious, so let’s start with the recipe …
Potato Fritters with Cashew Herb Dip (vegan)
For the potato pancakes:
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 onion finley chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp potato flour or corn starch
- 1 tbsp herb salt
- a pinch of pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg optional
- oil for frying
For the cashew herb dip:
- 1 ⅔ cups raw cashews 250g
- 3-4 tbsp non-dairy yoghurt unsweetened
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- herbs of choice fresh or dried
- sea salt & pepper
- a bit of water optional
other side dishes:
- spring onions
- Peel and grate the potatoes and the onions. Wrap the potato mixture into a kitchen towel and squeeze well to remove as much liquid as you can.
- Combine the potato and onion mixture with the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Using a spoon, place heaps of the potato mixture into the pan, press them flat gently. Fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Cashew Herb Dip
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours (or better overnight) in water. Then drain off the soaking water, rinse with fresh water and drain well.
- Then simply blend the soaked cashews with the remaining ingredients in a blender. Season to taste and add a bit of water, if needed until desired consistency.
- Serve the potato fritters with the cashew dip and fried mushrooms. Sprinkle over some fresh spring onions or serve however you like.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!