- 200 ml water
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- pizza seasonings
- base of choice
- of choice (f.ex. Tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, olives, chickpeas, (vegan) cheese etc.)
- For the mozzarella, stir ground psyllium into the water and let swell for about 2 hours.
- Soak cashews in water for about 2 hours (or overnight) and pour off afterwards.
- Then blend swoolen psyllium with cashews, lemon juice and nutritional yeast for 1-2 minutes in a blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like.
- Now fill the mixture into a bowl or form of choice (for mini mozzarella balls you can use a ice cube tray) and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
- Put the pizza-dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Prepare the toppings and combine all ingredients for the tomato sauce.
- Then spread the toppings over the pizza and bake for about 10 minutes more until crunchy and the cheese is melted.
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.