Do you love pizza but often find you don’t have the time to make a pizza dough or cook? If so, I have now the perfect recipe for you! This pizza toast recipe is super easy to make and ready in just 10-15 minutes! Everyone loves it! ?
If you follow me on Instagram, then you maybe know that I’m a big fan of super easy recipes for which you need only a few simple ingredients and that can be varied as well. I mean, why should we always spend so much time in the kitchen, if the recipe also works in a quick and easy way? Moreover I think these simple dishes often taste better than complicated recipes. Do you agree? ?
Pizza toast is easy and quick to make
One of my favorite recipes since childhood is definitely pizza toast. When we were kids, my mother used to make us pizza toast very often. This was just the best solution when we wanted a delicious savory quick snack. But they are also great for a simple lunch or dinner. Actually, pizza toast is super easy and quickly made and you can vary the toppings and spreads however you like.
To make the pizza toast, you should first toast the bread / toast briefly (for about 1-2 minutes). Then spread tomato sauce or pesto of choice and top and garnish with cherry tomatoes or other vegetables you like. Finally, spread grated vegan cheese or mozzarella on top. Bake them for about 10 minutes and that’s it! ??
Pizza toasts or sandwiches with tomatoes and vegan mozzarella
Personally, I like pizza toast best with tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, and grated vegan cheese or vegan mozzarella. You can use store-bought vegan cheese or mozzarella or make it easily from scratch with this recipe. By the way, instead of tomato sauce you can also use just tomato ketchup. It tastes very good too as it’s a great simple idea ?.
Another great idea is, to prepare your pizza toasts in a sandwich maker instead of baking them in the oven. So, just in case you crave sandwiches, this recipe is also perfect to make some.
Use your favorite bread / toast
To make pizza toast, I usually use traditional sliced wheat bread or light spelt bread but feel free to use whatever bread you like. I also like to use bread / toasties with a round shape, so that they even look like original mini pizzas then. However, I would definitely recommend not to use wholegrain bread because it will not taste the same since wholegrain bread is usually compact and heavy. When using bread made of light flour, your pizza toast will be more airy, nice crispy and crunchy.
Gluten-free pizza toast
Unfortunately, some people do not tolerate gluten or get allergic reactions after consuming products which contain gluten. But that’s no problem, because you can also use light gluten-free bread for this recipe. Also, gluten-free tortillas are a great alternative to bread and taste very good. Just try out what’s best for you! ?
Pizza toast with tomatoes and mozzarella (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C circulating heat.
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster briefly (about 1-2 minutes).
- Meanwhile, to make the tomato sauce, stir tomato passata with salt, pepper and pizza spice to taste.
- Slice cherry tomatoes.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a generous spoonful of tomato sauce and spread with the back of the spoon to the corners.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and grated vegan cheese or mozzarella (or other toppings of choice). Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, if you like.
- Bake your pizza toasts in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve them garnished with basil (or other fresh herbs), if you like.
- Enjoy! ?
- You can vary the toppings however you like. Pizza toasts taste also great with another sauce, pesto or vegetables of choice.
- Instead of regular light wheat bread or light spelt bread, you can also use light gluten-free bread or (gluten-free) tortillas.
- Instead of tomato passata, you can also use just tomato ketchup.
- If you prefer making sandwiches, you can also bake these pizza toasts in a sandwich maker.
|Did you make this dish via my recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #biancazapatka and tag me via @biancazapatka to make sure I’ll see it. I’m looking forward to see all your lovely creations! 🙂|
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! ?
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.