Penne with Cashew Tomato Sauce (vegan)Author:
- 250 g penne pasta
For the sauce:
- 1 onion
- 1-2 garlic gloves
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 can tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- dried italian herbs
- salt & pepper
- a bit sugar
- water (or vegetable stock) (if desired)
- 150 g small tomatoes
- 50 g cashew nuts
- tomato flakes
- Roast cashew nuts for the topping in a pan without oil and put aside afterwards.
- Cook pasta according to directions stated on the package.
- Meanwhile cut onion, chop garlic and roast for about 2-3 minutes in a pan with oil.
- Add tomato puree and tomato paste; season with Italian herbs, salt, pepper and sugar to desired taste, bring to the boil and stir in cashew butter.
- If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a bit of water (or vegetable stock).
- Cut small tomatoes in a half and add.
- Finally, pour off penne, combine with the sauce and serve in a pasta bowl; garnish with tomato flakes and roasted cashew nuts.
- Bon appetit! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.