Vegan Pasta Skewers are a fun and easy way to enjoy pasta and pizza on skewer sticks, using 3 ingredients and your favorite toppings. This pasta-on-a-stick TikTok food trend will make the best party appetizers and on-the-go finger food snacks made in less than 20 minutes!
I am continually amazed by how innovative we are getting when it comes to reconstructing traditional dishes! After the Pasta Chips craze, we are now looking at enjoying pasta on a stick! And this popular Tiktok food hack certainly lives up to the hype! It is like having baked pasta and pizza made into a delectable and savory popsicle! It is so much fun to make and requires a few ingredients only. Plus, you can make it using an air fryer too!
- Rigatoni pasta: this tube-shaped pasta is perfect for this recipe because they are easy to thread into the skewers. However, feel free to use other short pasta like penne, ziti or even ravioli or tortellini.
- Tomato sauce: to lather on the skewered pasta. You can also use store-bought marinara sauce or your favorite pesto or bbq sauce.
- Vegan cheese: you can use dairy-free, shredded pizza cheese or cheddar. Or why not use vegan mozzarella balls to make caprese skewers?
Skewering pasta and layering them with sauce and cheese can be a great kitchen activity to have with your kids, but the fun does not stop there! You can add whatever toppings you like, just like how you do it when making homemade pizza! Here are some topping ideas to level up your Pasta Skewers:
- bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- Italian herbs
- fresh basil leaves
- corn kernels
- jalapeño slices
- chili flakes
- tofu bacon for more protein
How to make Pasta Skewers
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you’ll the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Cook pasta
Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions until ‘al dente’. Then drain through a sieve and rinse with fresh water to stop the cooking process. Allow to drip off and toss with a little oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
Step 2: Assemble and bake!
Thread the pasta through skewers as shown in the recipe video and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with tomato sauce, then add your favorite toppings and vegan cheese. Bake at 400 F for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Step 3: Garnish and enjoy!
Take the skewers out of the oven and sprinkle with Italian herbs and vegan parmesan if you like. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with leftover tomato sauce. Enjoy!
Tips when Making Vegan Pasta Skewers
- Use thin wooden skewers or popsicle sticks when making these. This ensures that the noodles do not break apart when you thread them together.
- Cook the noodles al dente! They should still be firm enough to hold up on the skewers. Do not worry, they will cook further in the oven.
- Drizzle and toss the pasta with oil after you drain it to make sure they do not become too starchy and start to stick together.
- You can make this dish gluten-free by using any type of gluten-free pasta.
Air Fryer Method
No oven? No worries! You can always use your air fryer to make these instead. You can follow the steps on the recipe card below except you will be placing the pasta skewers on the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper. Top and bake at 400F for 5 to 7 minutes, then garnish and serve!
Serving and Storing
Serve this cheese-loaded, pasta on skewers with marina sauce on the side for dipping! Make it into a hearty meal by accompanying them with Pull-apart Garlic Bread or a fresh Italian Bread Salad! Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
These Pizza-Style Pasta Skewers are:
- Gluten-free possible
- Easy to make
- Simple yet fun!
- Perfect as a side dish or main course for lunch and dinner
- A great party finger food idea!
More popular Vegan Fingerfood Recipes
- Puff Pastry Pizza Straws
- Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets
- Indian Samosas
- Burrito Samosas
- Sweet Potato Falafel
- Spring Rolls
- Turkish Borek
- Barbeque Cauliflower Wings
- Polenta Fries
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Vegan Fish Nuggets
- Cauliflower Nuggets “Popcorn-style”
If you try this vegan pasta pizza skewers recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your party food snack and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Enjoy! 😊
Easy Pizza Pasta Skewers (Vegan)Author:
- bell peppers
To serve (optional)
- Italian herbs
- vegan parmesan
- fresh basil
*Note: Check out the recipe video + step-by-step instructions above!
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to packaging instructions until 'al dente'. Then drain through a sieve and rinse with fresh water to stop the cooking process. Allow to drip off and toss with a little oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thread the pasta through skewers as shown in the recipe video and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with tomato sauce, then add your favorite toppings and vegan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and sprinkle with Italian herbs and vegan parmesan if you like. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with leftover tomato sauce.
- More helpful tips and information, including recipe variations and storing instructions, are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.