This Best Vegan New York Cheesecake is super creamy, absolutely delicious, and topped with homemade raspberry strawberry sauce! It’s an easy Vegan Cheesecake Recipe that is dairy-free, egg-free and the perfect dessert for anytime!
Vegan New York Cheesecake
Do you love cheesecakes? I personally can never get enough of them! I mean, a creamy dreamy cheesecake is always perfect – no matter which season or time of day, right? If you agree with me, I’m pretty sure you will love this easy vegan cheesecake recipe too! It is not only super simple to make with just a few ingredients, but it is also super delicious! Honestly, it tastes very similar to a real New York Cheesecake, even though it contains no eggs and no dairy!
Cheesecake water bath
Ever since I’ve shared my Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe I love to bake my vegan cheesecake in a water bath. It not only prevents the filling from cracking, but it also makes your New York cheesecake more moist because the water creates steam. If you’ve never tried it, you should definitely change that! It really makes such a big difference when you bake a cheesecake in a water bath!
How to make Vegan Cheesecake
Step 1: Prepare your springform pan
To make this baked vegan cheesecake, first of all, prepare your baking dish. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a springform pan and then line it additionally with parchment paper. I prefer to line both – the bottom and sides – with parchment paper for an easier removal but you could also only line the bottom.
Step 2: Vegan Cookie Crust
Then prepare the simple cookie crust. I used vegan butter cookies but you can use any kind of vegan cookies you want. Place them in a food processor and process them until you have finely ground crumbs. Transfer the cookie crumbs into a bowl, add melted vegan butter and stir to combine. Then, press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared springform pan and set aside while you make the filling.
Step 4: Vegan New York Cheesecake Filling
To make the vegan cheesecake filling, simply mix all cream ingredients until very creamy. I prefer mixing the cream cheese until creamy first. Then adding the remaining ingredients and mixing it again until it’s smooth and creamy. Finally, pour the cheesecake filling over the cookie crust, spreading out evenly.
Step 5: Cheesecake water bath
To make the water bath, wrap the springform pan in two layers of aluminum foil, making sure all sides are well sealed to avoid water coming in. Then place that in a larger pan and pour boiling water around the wrapped cheesecake pan as shown in the picture below. Bake the cheesecake for up to an hour, then turn the heat off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven as it cools.
This Vegan New York Cheesecake is
- Easy to make
- Perfect for anytime
Homemade strawberry raspberry sauce
This easy vegan cheesecake is topped with a simple homemade strawberry raspberry sauce. Actually, I couldn’t decide between making a strawberry sauce or a raspberry sauce. So I simply combined both and made a mixed sauce. Anyway, you could also use just strawberries or only raspberries to make the sauce if you like. Alternatively, you can also use another type of fruit, such as blueberries or cherries.
Which cookies for New York Cheesecake Crust?
As mentioned before, any crunchy cookie can be turned into a pie crust. Actually, you can mix and match crusts to suit your taste and imagination. For this vegan cheesecake recipe, I used simple vegan butter cookies but you can also use classic graham cracker or gluten-free graham cracker to make the crust. If they’re not sweet enough, just add a little maple syrup, agave syrup or another sweetener of your choice. Alternatively, you can also use sandwich cookies, such as Oreo cookies, as I did in my no-bake blackberry mousse tart or summer fruit cream tart.
Which vegan cream cheese?
Since there is vegan cream cheese made of almonds available here in Germany, I prefer using that in this recipe. Anyway, you’ll also find other vegan cream cheese products made of non-dairy ingredients such as tofu, cashews, coconut milk, and other ingredients. Alternatively, you could try using a mixture of drained non-dairy yogurt and vegan butter or a mixture of firm tofu and silken tofu which is easily available and adds a creamy consistency too. Just make sure the texture you create is similar to cream cheese or your cheesecake may get too liquidy.
Looking for more vegan cheesecake recipes? Then you may also like my
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cheesecake with Cherries
- Or one of my Vegan Crumble Cheesecake Recipes
If you do try this New York Cheesecake Recipe, please leave me a comment below letting me know how it goes! And if you take a picture of your recreation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka , so I won’t miss your post! Happy baking!
New York Cheesecake Recipe
- 5,3 oz Vegan Cookies 150g
- 1/3 cup vegan butter 75g, melted
- 30 oz vegan cream cheese 850g
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream 400ml, or another non-dairy cream
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Raspberry Strawberry Sauce
- 5,3 oz frozen raspberries 150g
- 5,3 oz frozen strawberries 150g
- 2 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper (*see photos above).
- Add the cookies into a food processor and crush until fine crumbs. (Or place them into a freezer bag, squeeze the air out, seal the bag, and crush cookies using a rolling pin.)
- Combine the crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared springform pan and press firmly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside while you make the filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Then mix in coconut cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the cookie crust, spreading out evenly.
- Wrap the outside of the pan with a double layer of aluminum foil, covering the bottom and the sides. Place the wrapped pan in a larger baking pan and pour in about 1,5 inch of hot water (*see photos above). Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another hour. Then open the oven door and allow to cool to room temperature. (Don’t worry if the cheesecake is still wobbly because it will set in the fridge.)
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and, carefully, remove the foil. Place in the fridge overnight to set completely before removing from the pan.
Raspberry Strawberry Sauce
- in a pot, thaw and puree the fruits. Add the sugar and bring to a boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little water, then stir into the fruit puree. Bring to a boil again while stirring, and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Let cool as it will thicken up more.
- Serve your cheesecake with the sauce and enjoy! 😊
- Please read my text for further information about this recipe, such as which cream cheese, which cookies etc.
- If you don't find non-dairy cream in the store, you can chill 2 cans full-fat coconut milk overnight, then scrape the solid cream off the top, discarding the liquid.
- If using fresh fruits to make the sauce, you may need less corn starch.
- Keep the cake loosely covered in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.