It will be Easter soon! So, I think a simple vegan carrot cake made with carrots and almonds, and topped with a layer of creamy vegan ‘cream cheese’ frosting, chopped pistachios and sweet marzipan carrots as decoration, is just perfect! This cake is easy and quick to make, healthy, moist and incredibly delicious!
CARROT CAKE – MOIST, HEALTHY AND FLAVORFUL
I don’t know about you, but whenever I think of typical Easter treats, then next to Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies, I immediately come across a carrot cake. For a long time I wanted to share this recipe with you because I‘ve already baked it very often. But when is it better to do it than for Easter? In addition, I think that carrots give the cake not only a great flavor, but also a certain moisture that lasts for days. Therefore, the cake even tastes better on the second day than on the first day, because it becomes more intense in flavor and gets even juicier. Well packaged and stored in the fridge, it lasts for about 3 to 4 days and still tastes great.
QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE
Incidentally, I think that such a carrot cake is really super fast prepared and baked. After all, you just have to grate the carrots and stir together with the other few ingredients. Then everything goes into the oven, which does the rest. Afterwards you can garnish or decorate the cake as desired. Of course, if you don’t feel like that, you can just eat the cake without any toppings! Although, I honestly think that you should at least spread the creamy frosting on top, because it tastes so good! Optionally, you can decorate the cake with a simple lemon icing glaze or a marzipan glaze. Just be creative!
CAKE OR MUFFINS ?! VEGAN OR WITH EGGS ?!
I have baked this cake already in the vegan version, as well as in a loaf pan, on a baking sheet and also as muffins. Everything is possible. Probably, you have to adjust the baking time then. Muffins, for example, only need about 25 minutes and then they‘re ready. It’s best to do a chopstick test in between. When only a little bit of the dough sticks to the stick, the cake (or muffins) is done.
DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY – NOT ONLY ON EASTER
In my opinion this recipe isn’t only ideal for the upcoming Easter days, but also all year round. I mean, what could be better than a delicious cake which even contains vegetables or vitamins? So I think this cake is a great vegetable hiding place and I’m sure, in this way you can even turn every vegetable hater to a vegetable lover! If you like sweet and healthy recipes, you could also check out the recipe for my best vegan banana bread.
Quick, easy, delicious AND even healthy! I think it couldn’t be better. Are you convinced? Well, then grab the ingredients and lets go. The recipe comes right now!
Carrot Cake (vegan, easy recipe)
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
For the dough:
- 125 g (vegan) butter room temperature (or coconut oil)
- 100 g sugar or maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 2 (flax) eggs
- 250 g of carrots
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100 g of almonds ground
- 125 g of flour
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1,5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
For the cream:
- 200 g (vegan) cream cheese f. ex. 'Tofutti'
- 80 g of icing sugar
- 1 splash of lemon juice
- 1 dash of ground vanilla
For the decoration:
- Marzipan carrots
- Pistachios chopped
- Grease a 20 cm round baking form with butter or oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- For the dough, peel the carrots and finely grate them.
- Beat the soft butter with sugar, salt and vanilla until creamy in a mixing bowl.
- Then stir in the (flax) eggs.
- Add the grated carrots and stir briefly.
- Then sieve in flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Also add the almonds, vinegar and baking soda and stir everything briefly until well combined.
- Pour the dough into the greased baking form, smooth it out a little and bake on a medium rack for 35 - 40 minutes. (Please don‘t forget to test with a chopstick!)
- Afterwards, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 min. Then remove the cake from the baking form and let it cool down.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, whisk all the ingredients for the cream cheese cream with a hand mixer and smooth the cream with a spatula or spoon on the cake.
- Finally, decorate with the marzipan carrots and the pistachios as desired.
- Store the cake in the fridge until serving. (The carrot cake stays nice and moist for about 3 to 4 days.)
- For 2 flax eggs you need 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water, soaked.
- You could also top the cake with whipped coconut cream instead of cream cheese.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.