These easy vegan Linzer cookies (German Spitzbuben) are delicious homemade biscuits made with simple vegan shortcrust pastry and filled with jam! They sweeten not only any coffee or tea party but make also a lovely gift idea for Valentine’s Day or Christmas!
Easy Vegan Linzer Cookies (German Spitzbuben biscuits)
The way to the heart is well known through the stomach. That’s why, due to Valentine’s Day, I not only created a recipe for ‘vegan ravioli hearts‘, but also made some delicious and vegan biscuits with a red jam filling.
I thought, maybe someone else needs a quick “last minute” gift idea?! I think homemade cakes and biscuits are the best way to surprise our beloved ones. And to make it even more pretty, I made the filling in heart shape.
These biscuits are not only perfect for Valentine’s Day or Christmas but all year round. At any coffee and tea party, you can serve these beautiful biscuits – your guests will love them! Also, as a snack for in between or to grab and go, these vegan Linzer cookies are great!
How to store Spitzbuben cookies?
The biscuits can be stored in a closed cookie jar at room temperature for at least one week and even taste better the next day. I love having homemade treats on hand because they taste much better than store-bought ones! Store-bought cookies often contain non-vegan ingredients, such as eggs and butter, or even additives or just too much sugar. But these Linzer cookies are vegan, dairy-free, and egg-less!
I always prefer to bake cookies at home, then I know what they are made of!
More Vegan Cookie Recipes to try:
Looking for more simple cookie recipes for the holidays? Here are a few favorite recipes from my vegan Christmas bakery:
If you try these vegan linzer cookies, please leave me a comment and a rating on how you liked this recipe! And if you take a picture of your delicious Christmas cookies and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka, because I love to see your photos! Happy baking! 🙂
Vegan Linzer Cookies (Spitzbuben Biscuits)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 300 g all-purpose flour or light spelt or wheat flour
- 50 g ground almonds I used blanched
- 80 g sugar
- a bit of ground bourbon vanilla
- a bit of lemon zest
- 175 g margarine or vegan butter cold
- 3 tbsp cold soy milk or other plant milk
- 100 g jam I used cherry-pomegranate
- icing sugar for dusting
- Whisk together the flour, ground almonds, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Then mix in margarine or vegan butter and plant milk until a smooth dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball shape, wrap in cling film and let set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Remove the ball from the fridge and roll it out to be approx. 3 mm thick with a rolling pin on a flour-dusting surface.
- Cut out or shape cookies as desired. I made round circles.
- Cut out half of the biscuits with a smaller heart cookie cutter in the middle.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Then allow to cool.
- Warm the jam in a saucepan to make it more liquid.
- Spread a bit of jam on each bottom piece with a pastry brush and place the top piece with a heart on top. Then fill the hearts with jam.
- Leave to cool until the jam has become firm again. Dust with icing sugar as desired and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.