This quick and easy recipe will show you how to make the best homemade vegan crunchy granola muesli that’s healthy, delicious, customizable and perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a snack!
The Best Vegan Granola Recipe
If you love to start your day with a bowl of crunchy muesli, you should definitely try making your own favorite granola mix with this simple no-fuss recipe! The basic vegan granola recipe is super versatile and a favorite classic that I make a lot, in addition to my chocolate granola. So I’ve now updated my old blog post with new pictures and a recipe video!
Healthy crunchy granola
Homemade granola not only tastes better, but it also has the advantage that you know exactly what’s in it! It contains only natural ingredients chosen by you and no flavor enhancers or other additives. It’s also lower in sugar, lower in fat and therefore way healthier than most crunchy mueslis from the supermarket.
Create your own muesli mix
Since the recipe is so versatile, you can use any cereals, nuts and seeds you like. Or even add other ingredients like puffed quinoa, amaranth pops, rice crispies, corn flakes, dried fruit, grated carrots, chocolate, or whatever else you like in your granola! Here are the main Ingredients for the basic granola recipe:
- Rolled oats: use quick cooking porridge or regular rolled oats or a combination of both, or even other rolled grains.
- Nuts: e.g., almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, macadamias, pecans, Brazil nuts, etc.
- Seeds: e.g. sunflower seeds, pepitas, sesame seeds or sub more nuts.
- Desiccated coconut: or coconut chips, flakes or other nuts or seeds.
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup: or other syrup such as rice, date, agave or coconut syrup.
- Vanilla: ground bourbon vanilla or vanilla extract.
- Cinnamon: or other spices of choice.
- Salt: just a pinch.
Tip: If you like flax seeds, chia seeds, dried fruit or chocolate chips in your granola, mix them in after baking.
How to make vegan granola
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Mix all ingredients
First, roughly chop the nuts and add them to a bowl. Add the oats, seeds, desiccated coconut, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix everything together. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix to combine.
Step 2: Bake the granola
Spread the granola on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 356 °F (180 °C) for about 20-25 minutes until the granola is golden brown, mixing in between. Then allow to cool.
How can I store homemade granola?
You can put the granola into jars after it has cooled. Then seal airtight and store at room temperature for 1 month (or even longer).
Homemade gift idea
By the way, healthy crunchy granola is also a great gift idea to surprise your loved ones! Just fill your granola in a nice screw-top jar and wrap it up beautifully. You could also add some special ingredients like chocolate hearts or sugar stars or just put a nice gift card on the side.
I’m sure everyone will be happy about such a delicious homemade gift!
This vegan crunchy granola is:
- Can be made gluten-free
- Loaded with nuts and seeds
- High in fiber
- Refined sugar-free
- Naturally sweetened
- Versatile & customizable
- Easy to make
- The perfect homemade pantry staple for breakfast, brunch or as a snack or topping for pancakes, waffles and more!
More vegan sweet breakfast recipes to try
- Baked Oats
- Pancake Cereal
- Blueberry Scones
- Chocolate Banana Crêpes
- French Toast Roll-Ups
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Granola Bars
- Chocolate Granola
- Chocolate Brioche Buns
- Banana Bread
- Raisin Bread
- Date Nut Bread
- Nut Clusters
If you try this easy vegan granola recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a picture of your crunchy granola and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I would love to see your picture! Have fun trying it out! 😊
The Best Vegan GranolaAuthor:
- 2 ⅔ cups (250 g) rolled oats regular or quick-cooking or a mix of both, or sub other rolled grains
- ¾ cup (100 g) chopped nuts e.g. almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews
- ¾ cup (100 g) seeds e.g. sunflower seeds and pepitas, or sub more nuts
- ½ cup (50 g) desiccated coconut or coconut chips or other nuts/seeds
- ⅓ cup (75 g) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (80 g) maple syrup or other syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon or other spices of choice
- 1 pinch of salt
*Note: Check out the recipe video + step-by-step photos above!
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F (180 °C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the nuts in a food processor or with a sharp knife and place in a bowl. Add the oats, seeds, desiccated coconut, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix everything together.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Then add to the dry ingredients along with the maple syrup and mix everything well.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown, mixing in between.
- Allow to cool, then put into jars, seal airtight and store at room temperature for 1 month (or even longer).
- Enjoy with dairy-free yogurt and fruits or use as a crunchy topping for pancakes, waffles, semolina pudding and more!
- If you like flax seeds, chia seeds, dried fruit or chocolate chips in your granola, mix them in after baking.
- More helpful tips and information about the recipe, including ideas for different granola variations, are mentioned in the blog post above!
- This recipe was first published on 22 Sep 2017.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply