This Green Smoothie recipe will show you how to make the best homemade celery juice that’s not only super healthy and nutrient-rich but also very delicious! Use any vegetables and fruits to create your own power drink with this simple no-fuss recipe!
The Best Green Celery Smoothie Recipe
If you’re looking for an healthy green smoothie recipe that’s not only quick and easy to make but also delicious, this is it! In fact, thanks to the fruits, the celery juice is naturally sweetened and not bitter at all, so it tastes really good!
Homemade vs store-bought smoothies
What’s especially great about this recipe is that the fruit content, and therefore the sugar content, is way lower than in most store-bought green smoothies. When I check the ingredient list of ready-made smoothies, I often figure out that they contain almost only juice and less vegetables!
And when you also consider that they have been sitting around for a long while and may have lost many vitamins, I find them pretty expensive. So I prefer to make a fresh green smoothie at home!
Green power smoothie with healthy ingredients
For this smoothie recipe you only need a few healthy ingredients, which you can swap and vary as you like! Depending on what you have in your fridge, you can either use all the ingredients or just 2 like celery and apple or banana to make this delicious juice. For the ultimate power combination, which I personally like best, you’ll need the following plant-based ingredients:
- Fruits: banana, green apple and kiwi. Of course you can also use other fruits like mango, pineapple, peach, pears, apricots, grapes, oranges or berries – there are no limits to your creativity!
- Vegetables: I use celery, kale and spinach, but you can also make your green smoothie with just kale or just spinach. Other leafy green vegetables like chard are also great alternatives. Instead of celery stalks, other green vegetables like cucumbers or zucchini are also suitable.
- Ginger: is known as a natural antibiotic thanks to its many health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and immune-boosting effects, among others.
- Chia seeds: are rich in healthy omega-3 fats. Alternatively, you can use flax or hemp seeds.
- Water: Feel free to use coconut water or natural fruit juice instead. If you want your smoothie to be even creamier and richer, you can also use coconut milk or another unsweetened plant milk.
Frozen or fresh fruit?
I use fresh ingredients for this recipe. But if you don’t have fresh fruits or vegetables at home, you can just use frozen ones. To make it easier to blend, let them thaw first.
How to make green celery smoothie – this is how easy the recipe is!
As always, I recommend checking out this step-by-step instruction and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Prepare and chop the ingredients
- Peel the banana and cut in half.
- Quarter and core the apple.
- Coarsely chop the celery stalks.
- Peel the ginger.
- Peel the kiwi and cut in quarters.
- Coarsely chop the kale and remove the stalk.
Step 2: Blend everything until creamy
Once all the ingredients are prepared, simply place them in a blender and blend until creamy.
Tip: If you like your smoothie sweeter, feel free to add some agave syrup.
Step 3: Garnish and enjoy!
Feel free to serve your green smoothie on ice cubes and garnish with lime and parsley. Then it will look even more impressive than a cocktail from the bar! Enjoy!
How can I store smoothies?
The green celery smoothie is best consumed immediately so it still has its full nutritional content. If it sits around for a while, it can lose some of its vitamins and nutrients due to exposure to light, among other things. To avoid this, you can fill it in a dark bottle, protected from light. Stored in the refrigerator, it will keep for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, you can also freeze it. When needed, just take it out and let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then you’ll have a healthy homemade green smoothie for breakfast the next day without effort!
This green celery smoothie is:
- Plant-based, Vegan
- No added sugar
- Naturally sweet
- Quick and easy to make
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Fresh and fruity
- Ideal for detox and cleanse
- The best smoothie for the perfect start to the day!
More recipes for drinks
- Ginger Shot
- Mango Lassi
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Dalgona Coffee
- Matcha Latte
- Vegan Eggnog
- Mulled Wine
- Watermelon Margarita
If you make this homemade green celery smoothie recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your Celery Juice and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! 🙂
Green Celery Smoothie JuiceAuthor:
- 1 (120 g) banana
- 1 (140 g) green apple
- 2 (140 g) celery stalks
- 1 (15 g) piece of ginger
- 1 (60 g) kiwi
- 2 cups (60 g) kale stems removed
- 2 cups (60 g) baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds *see notes
- 1 cup (240 ml) water or coconut water or fruit juice
To serve (optional)
- ice cubes
- fresh parsley
*Note: Feel free to check out the recipe video + step-by-step pictures above!
- Peel the banana and cut in half. Quarter and core the apple. Coarsely chop the celery stalks. Peel the ginger. Peel and quarter the kiwi as well. Roughly chop the kale and remove the stalk.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy. (If you like the smoothie sweeter, you can add some agave syrup).
- Serve the green smoothie on ice cubes and garnish with limes and parsley. Enjoy!
- Fruits: instead of bananas, apples and kiwi, you can use other fruits such as mango, pineapple, peach, pears, apricots, grapes, oranges or berries - get creative!
- Vegetables: you can also make the smoothie with only kale or only spinach. Other green leafy vegetables like chard are also great alternatives. Instead of celery, you can also use other green vegetables like cucumbers or zucchini.
- Frozen or fresh fruit? If you don't have fresh fruits or vegetables at home, you can also use frozen ones. To make it easier to blend, let it thaw beforehand.
- Chia seeds: are rich in healthy omega-3 fats. Alternatively, you can also use flax or hemp seeds.
- Water: you can also use coconut water or fruit juice. If you want your smoothie to be even creamier and richer, you can also use coconut milk or another unsweetened plant milk.
- For more information on the recipe, read the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.