A simple recipe for a quick gnocchi stir-fry with zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes. This dish is vegan, healthy, delicious and easy to make! So it’s a perfect lunch or dinner.
Gnocchi – The small Potato Dumplings
Gnocchi – Who doesn‘t know them? The small round dumplings that almost everyone loves! Did you know that “gnocchi” is the Italian name, by the way, and they are often called “nockerl” here in Germany?
It doesn’t matter what you call them, gnocchi is a super delicious and versatile ingredient for all kinds of dishes! In combination with a creamy tomato sauce, guacamole, pesto or just crispy fried as a tasty stir-fry, I think gnocchi are as delicious as pasta.
Vegan gnocchi are easy to make!
Of course, making gnocchi yourself is a bit more time-consuming than simply buying gnocchi from the supermarket. But honestly preparing gnocchi is not as much work as you might think. You only need three ingredients, because gnocchi is just made of boiled potatoes, flour/starch and a bit of salt. These ingredients are simply kneaded into a dough and then formed into gnocchi. When you use a “gnocchi board” they are even easier to make and they will probably look “prettier”. But forming gnocchi also works well without using a board and they will taste just as good. The easiest way is to form small balls out of the dough and flatten them gently with a fork.
You can find the full recipe here -> “Homemade Gnocchi (vegan)“
Roasted Gnocchi with vegetables – a delicious & healthy lunch or dinner!
Since gnocchi are mainly made of potatoes, I think that they actually count as vegetables. But of course, you can always eat more vegetables anyway. Not only because it‘s so healthy, but also because dishes with different ingredients taste even better. Do you agree? I like vegetables most when they are grilled or fried because they taste much more flavorful then. Especially with roasted gnocchi, which is crispy on the outside and softer on the inside, vegetable stir-fries like these are definitely one of my favorite dishes!
Of course, you can choose your favorite vegetables to taste and as desired. For this recipe, I chose zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes. But I also like “Crispy roasted gnocchi with garlic mushrooms and pine nuts“. I think, there’s nothing better than a delicious nutritious and nourishing meal that is still so healthy, right?
But now let’s start with the recipe! Give it a try and feel free to tell me which is your absolute favorite ingredient for a delicious stir-fry. You’re also welcome to post a picture on Instagram and link it to @biancazapatka so that I can see your great recreations.
Gnocchi vegetable stir-fry (vegan)
Gnocchi vegetable stir-fry:
- 300 g of gnocchi (homemade, or store-bought from the fridge)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 g mushrooms
- 200 g of zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- salt, pepper
- Italian dried herbs (optional)
Toppings (of choice):
- fresh basil (or other herbs)
- nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- pesto (optional)
- Prepare gnocchi according to my recipe (or packaging instructions).
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Clean mushrooms and zucchini and slice.
- Wash (and halve) tomatoes.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a pan and roast the gnocchi for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove and keep warm in a container.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in the pan again.
- Fry garlic, onions, zucchini and mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes. Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper (and Italian herbs or pesto as desired) to taste.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more.
- Finally, stir in the roasted gnocchi.
- Serve your gnocchi vegetable stir-fry garnished with fresh basil (or other herbs) and sprinkle some nutritional yeast flakes on top.
- Roasted pine nuts or almond flakes are also delicious as topping.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!