With this easy ginger turmeric shot recipe you can quickly make the best natural immune booster at home! It is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, strengthens the immune system, gives new energy and is a great cold killer – The perfect power drink for the whole family!
Ginger is healthy and a great immune booster!
Especially in the cold season, ginger is a popular ingredient for tea or soup, as it strengthens the immune system due to its high vitamin C content. Ginger shots are quite expensive in the supermarket, but with this recipe you can easily make this power drink at home!
Perfect for children and adults
You can drink the ginger shot either undiluted or diluted to make it less spicy. For kids, you can also increase the fruit content to make it fruitier. Some ginger fans even say that a ginger shot can taste better than ginger tea. It’s definitely worth making a small supply of these shots right away!
These ingredients are needed
As mentioned above, this immune booster is quite quick and easy to prepare. This recipe makes enough for about 10 servings. You will need the following ingredients:
- 3.5 oz (100 g) ginger
- 2 lemons
- 4 mandarins (tangerines)
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp (50 g) agave syrup
- 1 tsp turmeric
- approx. ⅔ cup (150 ml) water or fruit juice
- optionally a pinch of black pepper
Tip: If you think this ginger turmeric shot is too spicy, you can add an apple. Other fruits such as oranges, pineapples, grapes, pears, etc. are also a great vitamin-rich addition!
How to make ginger shot
- First, wash the ginger thoroughly and shop into coarse pieces. Thoroughly remove the peel from the lemons and tangerines and roughly chop the fruit. Wash and core the apple and coarsely chop it as well.
- Then simply put all the ingredients in a stand mixer and blend until smooth. The juice should not get too hot in the process. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a container and blend with an immersion stick blender.
- If you don’t like the pulp, you can press the Ginger Shot through a straining cloth or nut milk bag. The amount of water can be adjusted to your desired consistency.
- Finally, pour your power drink into a sealable bottle or several small bottles. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a week and can also be frozen.
How is the Ginger Shot used?
The ginger turmeric shot is usually just drunk pure. To strengthen the immune system, it is enough to drink a shot glass of it every day. It does not matter at what time you drink it. However, since ginger is a stimulant, it should preferably not be drunk in the evening or even before bedtime.
For those who have not drunk a ginger shot before, the first glass of it may seem a bit unfamiliar and perhaps too spicy. However, feel free to thin it out with apple or orange juice.
The recipe can be modified as desired by using any other fruit.
Homemade ginger shot or store-bought?
Perhaps the recipe for the Ginger Shot may seem a bit complicated, but it is not at all! If you consider that even a single bottle in the supermarket sometimes costs over two euros, you will try to make this power drink for the immune system yourself. It will definitely pay off, especially if you make a large batch to keep in stock.
It is not always clear what is actually contained in the drinks that you can buy. If you make your own power drink, you know what’s in it and can be sure that the ginger shot is free of preservatives or flavor enhancers.
What makes Ginger Shot so healthy?
In the Ginger Shot it is not only the ginger that makes this drink so healthy. Also the lemons, tangerines and apples are rich in vitamin C. Furthermore, turmeric is related to ginger and just like ginger is rich in essential oils and have an anti-inflammatory effect. It has many positive effects on health!
Since the power drink contains a lot of vitamin C, it strengthens the immune system and activates the defenses. Ginger contains many pungent and bitter substances that provide the spicy, sharp taste. These substances stimulate digestion and blood circulation. A ginger shot can even help you lose weight.
A small shot glass of this a day can improve health and boost the immune system. In general, however, you should not only eat high-fat and high-calorie meals. Eating healthy is the most important part!
This Ginger Turmeric Shot Recipe is:
- Naturally vegan and gluten-free
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in calories
- Refined sugar-free
- Without preservatives
- Perfect to make ahead
- Gives your body vitamins, minerals and energy for the day!
More drink recipes to try:
If you try this vegan ginger turmeric shot recipe, please leave me a comment and a rating on how you liked it! And if you take a photo of your immune booster and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your photos! Have fun trying this recipe! 🙂
How to make Ginger ShotAuthor:
- 3.5 oz (100 g) ginger unpeeled
- 2 lemons
- 4 mandarins or sub oranges
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp (50 g) agave syrup or other syrup
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) water or fruit juice to desired consistency
- 1 pinch of black pepper optional
- Wash the ginger thoroughly and chop into rough pieces. Peel and chop the lemons and tangerines. Wash and core the apple and coarsely chop it as well.
- Place the ginger, fruits and all the other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more water to desired consistency. (Alternatively, you can use an immersion stick blender. If you don't like the pulp, you can press the ginger shot through a straining cloth, fine-meshed sieve or nut milk bag).
- Finally, pour the ginger shot into a sealable bottle or several small bottles. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a week and can also be frozen.
- If you think this ginger shot is too spicy, you can add an additional apple. Other fruits such as oranges, pineapples, grapes, pears, etc. are also a great vitamin-rich addition! You can also use fruit juice instead of water.
- More information are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply