What would be a Sunday without my beloved pancakes ?! Also on Christmas Days or on Christmas Eve pancakes are indispensable for me.
Therefore, I have now created a christmassy recipe for fluffy pancakes with cinnamon, peanut butter and white chocolate stars to mark the occasion. ⭐️
Because I think that the eyes always affect the taste, it tastes also very different when it’s christmassy decorated.
Fluffy vegan pancakes
Incidentally, the pancakes work as well in the vegan version without egg, as in the “normal version” with an egg. As an egg substitute for 1 egg I recommend 1/2 mashed banana or 75gr applesauce, 1 chia or flaxseed egg (1 tbsp ground chia or flaxseeds + 3 tbsp water) or starch (2 tbsp starch + 3 tbsp water) or soy flour (1 tbsp soy flour + 1-2 tbsp sparkling water). I’ve already tried all variations and I can claim that they all work well. You just have to find out for yourself which one you like the most.
If you prefer gluten-free pancakes, you can easily use buckwheat flour or any gluten-free flour mix instead of all purpose flour. If necessary, you have to add a little more liquid then, because these types of flour “absorb” usually more liquid. I personally prefer to use simple spelled flour.
But now enough texted … let’s get to the recipe:
Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes (vegan)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- peanut butter
- white chocolate stars
- First mix the egg (or egg substitute) together with the milk, melted coconut oil and sugar until frothy. Then add the sparkling water, so that the carbon dioxide is still contained.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, vanilla and baking powder separately first and then add to the milk mixture.
- Mix everything quickly and quickly. The dough should have a creamy, thick and smooth consistency. (If the pancakes are still too thick, just add a little more liquid.)
- Then let the dough chill for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Now add about 2 tablespoons of dough per pancake to the pan and shape with a circular motion round pancakes.
- As soon as bubbles form on the surface (after about 2-3 minutes), flip the pancakes and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the warm pancakes with peanut butter, berries and the other toppings as desired.
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.