A simple recipe for fluffy vegan waffles which is easy and quick to make. They are very delicious, dairy-free and egg-free. Perfect for breakfast or as a dessert.
Could you guess what I haven’t eaten for such a long time?! It‘s waffles!
And that’s because I just couldn’t find a suitable waffle iron. But since Christmas it’s finally here!
Meanwhile, I’ve experimented a bit to create a vegan waffle recipe which is just perfect for me. Of course, I don’t want to withhold this recipe from you because I think that waffles aren‘t only a super quick and healthy breakfast alternative to oatmeal, pancakes, crêpes or french toasts, but they’re also a great afternoon snack or a snack to take to work, university or school.
Easy vegan waffles with only a few simple ingredients
These waffles are quick and easy to make and you need only a few ingredients. Thanks to the natural sweetness of the banana, they can also be made without any white sugar.
Incidentally, the banana doesn’t only ensure a delicious sweet taste but also a juicier consistency. It also serves to bind the dough and is therefore an egg substitute. Other ways to replace eggs can be found in this post: “fluffy pancakes“.
For the dough I used spelt flour but you can also use any other flour if you want.Probably you’ll have to adjust the amount of liquid then because not every type of flour absorbs the same amount of liquid.
If I choose a sweet topping for my waffles, such as nut nougat cream or jam, then I usually don‘t add so much more sweetener to the waffle dough. But if I only have berries and peanut butter or other nut butter as a topping, then the dough can be sweeter and I add some agave syrup.
Of course, you can vary the sweetness and also use any other sweetener as desired.
Vegan chocolate waffles
You can, of course, also make chocolate waffles with this recipe. Simply add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little bit more plant-based milk too the batter.
Anyways, I love this simple vegan waffle recipe and I‘m very sure that waffles will now be more often on my plate. In the summer maybe with a big scoop of icecream.
If you try my recipe, I would be happy to read your feedback.
Easy Vegan WafflesAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 90 g spelt flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional to make chocolate waffles*)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp agave syrup* or more to taste
- approx. 90 ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (or coconut oil) melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a sip of mineral water (optional)
- a pinch of vanilla & cinnamon (optional)
- coconut oil to grease the waffle iron
- First purée the banana and blend with plant-based milk, melted vegan butter (or coconut oil) and syrup to taste until foamy.
- Mix flour, baking powder, (vanilla, cinnamon) and sieve into the banana milk mixture. Add a sip of sparkling water and blend quickly and briefly to get a smooth, creamy and thick dough.
- Preheat the waffle iron and grease with coconut oil.
- Bake waffles.
- Serve your waffles with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- To make chocolate waffles, simply add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and a little bit more plant-based milk to the batter.
- Instead of agave syrup, you can also use another sweetener of choice.
- If you use full fat coconut milk to make these waffles, it is not necessary to add vegan butter or coconut oil to the batter.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply