Hey my dears,
… as if we‘ve just opened one by one door in our advent calendar, another year has begun. Unbelievable, isn‘t it?! I hope you look back positively on the old year and look forward happily to the year 2018, just like me!
At least I have a lot in mind for you here!
And how could I start a new year better than with a brand-new and almost freshly baked fragrant cake recipe?!
Packed with healthy ingredients and exotic cranberries, this juicy, fluffy vegan cake (with a consistency that reminds of a fruitcake) will be a highlight on every coffee and tea party or just a great way to sweeten your day!
Incidentally, cranberries are real allrounders! Pure and unsweetened they’re very sour, but in this recipe they taste amazing!
The small wild berry with its origin in North America has high content of antioxidants and is intended to protect against premature aging of the skin. Moreover, it is said that this berry has an antibacterial effect. In any case – and that’s what we care about in addition to the health benefits – cranberries taste really delicious when you prepare them right!
I used fresh cranberries for my recipe but you can also use dried cranberries, as well as any other fruits of choice. If you prefer the vegan version, you can find informations or recommendations for egg substitutes in this “post“.
And now check out the ingredients and no lazy baking excuses more this year. You‘ll see that this healthy cake is prepared quickly and the rest makes your oven! We just have to hold back our appetite for so long.
So, here we go with the recipe:
Easy Cranberry Cake (Cranberry Loaf)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
For the cake:
- 70 g soft vegan butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitutes
- 180 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 ml plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 g cranberries
For the glaze:
- 100 g icing sugar sieved
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plantbased milk
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Blend the soft butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs (or egg substitutes) and whisk up.
- Then add the remaining ingredients (flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt, milk and lemon juice) and stir well.
- Finally, purée the banana and stir together with the cranberries into the dough.
- Fill the dough in a greased 24cm baking tin and bake the cake for about 50 minutes in your preheated oven.
- Afterwards, let the cake cool a little, remove from the tin and let cool beyond on a cooling rack.
- At least, heat the lemon juice with the milk and combine with the sieved icing sugar until a thick mass is formed.
- Pour the glaze over your cake and let it harden.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply