Hey my dears, ?
Today I want to share with you a recipe for super crispy sesame tofu! A meal that will convince any previous tofu skeptics of the opposite!
Another delicious tofu recipe is, for example, my “Asia Noodles with Crispy Tofu and Chili Peanut Sesame Sauce“.
Tofu is definitely one of the most popular and variable meat alternatives on the vegan and vegetarian market.
I mean, who doesn‘t know tofu ?! It‘s available in the varieties natural, both the firm type and the creamier silken tofu, but it‘s also also available in a smoked flavor as well as in ‘Schnitzel‘ and sausage shape and in many other versions.
The natural tofu varieties all taste pretty neutral or like nothing. Therefore, I wouldn‘t recommend to eat the tofu just like that. But with the right seasonings and way of preparation you can easily make super tasty crispy protein-based bites out of this “boring” nature tofu, which spices up every meal and even makes it to a highlight.
Therefore, I would like to show you today a recipe or a preparation which will definitely taste great. I guarantee this won’t be the last time that you eat tofu after you try out this vegan tofu recipe.
You don‘t need many ingredients for this recipe and it‘s, as usually, quick and easy to prepare. Because that’s the way I like it most! Being in the kitchen for ages isn‘t my pleasure at all and I don‘t think that it‘s really necessary for making a delicious and nourishing meal.
Anyways, today I chose making crispy sesame tofu with a delicious creamy tahini peanut sauce. Served with rice and roasted broccoli, topped with a few peanuts. Because I love this “nutty extra crunch” on my meals.
And now let’s start with the delicious recipe, because I think you‘re already curious ?! ?
Crispy Sesame Tofu with Tahini Peanut Sauce (vegan, gluten-free)
- 400 g rice
- 1 broccoli
For the tofu:
Tahini peanut sauce:
- 3 tbsp sesame Tahini
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 5 tbsp of water - depends on the desired consistency
- 1 clove garlic pressed (optional)
- a small piece of ginger grated (optional)
- a splash of lemon or lime juice
- spring onions
- First squeeze out the liquid from the tofu (this works best when you wrap the tofu in a paper towel).
- Then cut tofu into cubes.
- Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop and grate the ginger.
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic, chili powder and ginger in a bowl and soak the tofu in it for at least 2 hours (preferably over night).
- Cook the rice in salted water according to the packaging instructions.
- Divide the broccoli into florets and cook in a pot of boiling salted water for about 6-8 minutes. Then drain the cooking water and let the broccoli evaporate.
- Mix sesame with breadcrumbs on a deep plate and toss the marinated tofu in it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tofu until crispy brown from all sides.
- Heat the sesame oil in another pan and roast the drained broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining marinade of tofu and fry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully scrape off the browned crust from the bottom of the pan, so that after a while you have some delicious crunchy "crumbs".
- Finally, stir all ingredients for the tahini-peanut sauce in a bowl.
- Arrange the cooked rice in bowls, spread the broccoli with the crumbs on it and serve with the crispy sesame tofu, the tahini-peanut sauce, topped with a few peanuts and fresh spring onions.
- Enjoy! ?
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.