Hi my dears, today I want to share a simple and delicious recipe for Crispy Roasted Vegan Gnocchi (potato dumplings) that is definitely one of my absolute favorite dishes. I make this easy recipe so often and it never gets boring.
For any reason, some people think Gnocchi are noodles, but actually, they are small potato dumplings. They’re just made of potatoes and a little bit of flour plus starch that helps the potato dumplings don’t fall apart. The classic Gnocchi recipe contains also eggs but if you make my recipe for Homemade Vegan Gnocchi, there are no eggs required! You can easily prepare your own and even vegan Gnocchi which taste as delicious as the regular classic potato dumplings.
I definitely prefer to make these potato dumplings from scratch, since they taste much better in my opinion when they’re homemade. Also, I know which ingredients they contain because I can choose them. It’s also possible to make this Vegan Gnocchi gluten-free. Instead of all-purpose flour, you can substitute a [amazon_textlink asin=’B004SBMCT4′ text=’glutenfree-flour blend’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’fitnessbianca-21′ marketplace=’DE’ link_id=’ea350202-07b8-11e9-a434-0b4fed683102′].
Click here for the recipe: Homemade Gnocchi (vegan)
I usually prepare more of this delicious potato dumplings and then freeze them in batches, so that I always have some on hand when I want to serve a quick and easy dinner or lunch.
I like Vegan Gnocchi best when they’re crispy pan-fried with mushrooms, garlic, and pine nuts. Also, my beloved garlic basil-parsley pesto is a perfect addition to this easy recipe. If you want to serve this dish with other vegetables, you can head over my recipe for my Vegan Gnocchi vegetable stir-fry.
However, these potato dumplings taste also very good when they’re just cooked. You can serve them with a delicious juicy tomato sauce (such as this creamy “cashew tomato sauce“) or my beloved Vegan Mac and Cheese sauce. It’s really a dish to die for and so easy to make!
But now let’s finally get to the recipe. I hope you’ll love it too.
Crispy roasted Gnocchi with Garlic Mushrooms (vegan)
- 300 g (gluten-free) gnocchi (recipe is linked in the text)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
Toppings (of choice):
- pine nuts
- garlic basil parsley pesto
- fresh basil or other herbs of choice
- nutritional yeast flakes
- Prepare Homemade Gnocchi with this recipe (or use store-bought Gnocchi).
- Peel onion and cut into strips.
- Peel garlic and chop.
- Clean mushrooms and slice.
- Heat up oil in a pan and roast gnocchi for about 5 minutes each side.
- Add garlic, onions and mushrooms and roast for 5-10 more minutes until goldenbrown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime toast pine nuts in another pan without oil.
- Serve your roasted gnocchi with the pesto and sprinkle toasted pine nuts, fresh basil (or other herbs of choice) and nutritional yeast flakes on top as desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- You could also use Sweet Potato Gnocchi to make this recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
Here’s another version of the recipe – made with ravioli instead of gnocchi:
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.