For the Falafel:
- 200gr chickpeas, dried
- 1 onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 slice of dried toast
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- about 1/3 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for frying
For the Burger:
- buns of choice
- Leerdammer toast & burger cheese
more side dishes:
- Soak chickpeas in a bowl with water for about 12 hours at least. Drain and rinse afterwards.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic. Rinse parsley and chop as well. Crumble dry toast. Press lemon.
- Add all ingredients for the falafel to a blender and blend. Season again if necessary.
- Form the dough into patties or balls as desired.
- Heat up oil in a pan or in a deep fryer and roast or fry your falafel until golden brown.
- If you’d like to make a burger, just place a slice of tomato on top of your falafel patty and cover with cheese. Put a lid on the pan and wait until the cheese is melted.
- Spread your buns as desired with lettuce, avocado, falafel and cucumber (or other toppings of choice).
- Moreover the falafel taste very good in combination with bulgur salad and hummus.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!