These crispy baked cauliflower bites are easy to make and a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional nuggets. The perfect side dish or party food snack that can be made gluten-free, too!
Crispy Baked Cauliflower Nuggets
I often get messages about how to make vegetables tastier or how to prepare vegetables in a delicious way. To be honest, preparing vegetables in the same way over and over again would be boring after a while, wouldn’t it? And I think we don‘t want boring food!
Therefore, I would like to share a recipe for crispy baked cauliflower with you today. A great addition to different kinds of meals and because of the preparation in the oven, these cauliflower nuggets are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Believe me, these Nuggets have the potential to convince even vegetable hater of the absolute opposite!
CAULIFLOWER WINGS / NUGGETS AS VEGAN ALTERNATIVE
Maybe you already know my recipe for “Barbecue Cauliflower Wings“. I intend to prepare them in a way that they will even remind of a vegan and healthy alternative to traditional chicken wings. They are not only vegan but also gluten-free and almost oil-free – just baked with a few simple ingredients and then dipped in a sweet and spicy, homemade BBQ sauce afterwards.
But I also think that today’s new recipe is a great healthy alternative, which reminds rather of nuggets. You can serve them not only as a side dish to a meal but also as a delicious snack in between or at a party. I really like the baked cauliflower with my “cashew herb dip” or with my “tahini peanut sauce“. But it even tastes very delicious just pure or just with ketchup.
CRISPY BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH ONLY A FEW INGREDIENTS
For this recipe you need only a few ingredients and then you can start. I used a mixture of flour and breadcrumbs for my baked cauliflower, but you can also use any other breadcrumbs. Meanwhile, there are already different gluten-free varieties available, such as corn breadcrumbs. I would also advise you to read the list of ingredients when buying products, so that you can make sure there are only breadcrumbs included and no other additives. Optionally, you can also easily make breadcrumbs yourself by crumbling old bread.
BAKING OR FRYING ?!
In this recipe I baked the cauliflower nuggets for a healthier version in the oven. Optionally you can also fry the breaded cauliflower florets in a preheated deep fryer at 150 degrees Celsius for about 5-8 minutes. I’ve already tried that and of course, it tastes very delicious as well and is also ready a little bit faster.
So, write down the good old cauliflower on the next shopping list and try this dish out! I’m sure you won’t regret it.
You‘re welcome to leave me a comment if you have tried this crispy baked cauliflower recipe. You can also post a picture on Instagram and link it to @biancazapatka so that I can see your post and leave a comment with you.
Crispy Baked Cauliflower (Vegan Cauliflower Nuggets)Author:
- ½ large head cauliflower
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk 60 ml
- 2 tbsp flour optional gluten-free flour (30g)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs optional gluten-free
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- olive or canola oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Clean the cauliflower and divide into florets.
- Mix the flour and non-dairy milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast flakes and salt.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the flour-milk mixture, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture until they‘re relatively evenly coated with breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded cauliflower florets next to each other on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle or sprinkle with olive oil (it works best when you use olive or canola oil to spray).
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the cauliflower florets are golden brown and crispy.
- If you‘d like to serve other side dishes or just a salad, prepare this in the meantime.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, serve them with the side dishes and dips of choice or just as they are. (Suggestions can be found in my blog post above).
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply