This easy vegan cauliflower soup recipe is incredibly creamy, healthy, so delicious, and the best way to warm up! It’s made with simple 5-ingredients and ready in just 20 minutes!
I know cauliflower soup might not sound super exciting but trust me, it can be so delicious! You would never guess that this soup is actually made of healthy veggies because it’s so creamy and flavorful. It is even one of the creamiest soups ever while being super light since it is low in calories. It’ll definitely warm you up in no time!
If you love my creamy potato leek soup, you’ll love this one, too! Cauliflower is lighter than potatoes but both have a wonderfully creamy consistency when you blend them up. Even if you’re not a big fan of cauliflower, you won’t even notice the flavor in this soup. You can also play around with the spices or adding additional other vegetables if you prefer.
5-Ingredient Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This creamy vegan cauliflower soup recipe calls for just a few simple basic ingredients! All you need is a head of cauliflower, onions, garlic, vegetable broth, non-dairy milk, and some seasonings.
Which non-dairy milk can I use?
I prefer using full-fat coconut milk for the best creaminess but feel free to use your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk. If you want a rich soup you can also use non-dairy cream as desired. Whether cashew, almond, oat, soy milk (or cream) – anything will do! You can also use regular milk or cream if you’re vegetarian or non-vegan.
Roasting in the oven or cooking on the stove?
Some recipes call for roasting the cauliflower in the oven but I prefer to keep it simpler and cook it on the stovetop. I think there’s no big difference between these methods because the most important flavors are added by the caramelized onions and garlic. For an additional nutty flavor, I like to roast some sliced cauliflower florets in a skillet to use for the topping.
How to make Vegan Cauliflower Soup
Start to sauté the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil. You can also use another oil such as canola oil or coconut oil if you prefer. When the onions are softened, add the cauliflower, potatoes, vegetable broth, and non-dairy milk. Bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the cauliflower and potatoes are softened. In the meantime, roast a few cauliflower florets in a skillet or pan for the topping as desired.
Finally, use an immersion blender to purée the cooked veggies straight in the pot. Alternatively, transfer everything to a blender and blend until creamy. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and remaining seasonings. Garnish with fresh herbs such as thyme, dill or rosemary. Sprinkle over some pepitas, sunflower seeds or other crunchy nuts or seeds you like!
What to serve with cauliflower soup?
This cauliflower soup is the perfect starter or side dish to your favorite vegan meal. It will go with just about any other hearty fall or winter flavors, including pumpkin, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and greens like kale or spinach. I also like to serve this cauliflower soup just with oven-roasted crispy bread, vegan naan, or vegan grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
Storage & Freezing
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This soup is also freezer friendly! So if you’re a fan of meal prep, feel free to make a big batch and freeze it for the future.
This creamy cauliflower soup recipe is
- Vegan (dairy-free, lactose-free)
- Quick & easy to make
- So delicious!
- Perfect for lunch or dinner!
Looking for more easy vegan soup recipes? Here are some more of my favorites:
- Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Yellow Lentil Dal
- Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup
- Mushroom and Rice Soup
If you do try this easy vegan cauliflower soup recipe, I would love to read your feedback in the comments below. And if you take a photo of your cozy soup and share it on Instagram, please don’t forget to tag me @biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post. Enjoy!
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
To garnish (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp pepitas and sunflower seeds
- fresh parsley chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is softened and turning translucent. Then add the garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower (reserve ¼ of the florets for the topping as desired), potatoes, vegetable broth, and non-dairy milk. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- In the meantime heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Cut the reserved cauliflower florets into thin slices, and cook until browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- When the cauliflower and potatoes are soft, add the salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and nutritional yeast (if using) and blend until creamy using an immersion or a regular blender. (Taste and adjust seasonings as needed or add more non-dairy milk if it’s too thick).
- Serve the soup in bowls. Garnish with pan-fried cauliflower florets, pepitas, sunflower seeds, fresh parsley or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Non-dairy milk: I prefer using full-fat coconut milk for the best creaminess but feel free to use your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk or cream. If you’re vegetarian or non-vegan feel free to use regular milk or cream.
- Please read my blog post for storage & freezing instructions or further information about this recipe.
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.