Ingredients (for 2 serves):
For the sauce:
- 100gr cashew nuts
- 125ml plantbased milk or water
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a splash of lemon juice
- 250gr pasta of choice
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 courgette
- 125gr mushrooms
- 1 handful mini tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- herbs (if you like)
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours at least, or better overnight.
- Then, drain and rinse them.
- Peel and chop garlic clove.
- Add cashews and all other ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk or water, if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Cook pasta according package instructions.
- In the meantime, peel and cut onion into cubes. Clean and slice courgette and mushrooms.
- Then roast sliced vegetables in a pan with some oil for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and roast some minutes more until they’re soft.
- As soon as your pasta is ‘al dente’, pour off the boiling water.
- Combine pasta with the sauce and heat it up.
- Add roasted vegetables, season again and enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.