Hey my lovelies,
You know how much I love pasta in combination with a creamy sauce. And to achieve a little variety on the table and that it does not taste all the same, I have created a new version again.
This time, I made a vegan creamy ‘mushroom sauce’ or ‘béchamel sauce’ from white beans. White beans can be processed in just a few steps and with only a few ingredients, you‘ll get an incredible creamy sauce.
Other great ways to make a vegan cheese-like or creamy sauce, for example, is the recipe for vegan ‘Mac and Cheese‘, which is mainly made of potatoes or for a even faster and easier version the recipe for a vegan ‘Alfredo Sauce‘, which is only based on cashew nuts.
I think all options aren‘t only delicious and healthy, but also really cheap, because vegan milk and cheese alternatives can be quite expensive when you buy them in the supermarket.
This recipe is of course dairy-free and needs only 6 ingredients, many of which can be found in just about every vegan kitchen.
I like the sauce most served with pasta and aromatic fried mushrooms. Of course, you can also add any other vegetables as desired to make this dish complete and nutrient-rich.
And now let’s get to the recipe:
Creamy Mushroom Pasta (Vegan Béchamel Sauce)
- 250 g noodles of your choice
For the sauce:
For the topping:
- pine nuts
- fresh basil
- Peel and dice the onion finely.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Wash parsley, shake dry and chop.
- Clean mushrooms and cut them in slices.
- Rinse and drain the white beans and blend them with soy cream, chopped garlic cloves, yeast flakes in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sautée diced onions for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and fry.
- In the meantime, cook pasta in salted water according to the packaging instructions.
- Once the mushrooms are fried golden brown, add vegetable broth, tamari sauce and the bean puree. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper to taste and refine with nutmeg and fresh parsley, if you like.
- Roast pine nuts in a pan without oil until golden brown.
- Once the noodles are ,al dente‘, drain off the cooking water.
- Combine your pasta with the sauce and serve with roasted pine nuts and fresh basil as desired! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.